••Chapter Seventeen••

( so obviously the time line is changed a little, so because Katherine and Klaus met in 1492, and Vivian got taken in 1861, their meeting will be somewhere a couple years later....since Vivian has been at the Augustine Society for like 5 years I think anyway, we can just you know...pretend I guess. ) ( and I believe i already had Katherine and Vivian meet before, so that's a while other part we'll get into lol sometimes I confuse myself 😅<3

~

~

   Vivian ran. Her breathing erratic as she past the trees and thick roots sprouting upwards. Her mind spinning as she tried to keep up right.
It was dark, in the random woods she did her best to get as far away as possible.

When she felt like it was far enough, she had come into a clearing. She decided, it was best she take a rest before she pushed herself even further. She needed to feed. The itching in her gut craved the metallic taste of blood. Where would she find blood around here? A rabbit, maybe? She would need to find one quickly if she wanted to last. The sun would come up soon and she knew how that would go if she got caught in it. Not only did she need to feed, but she needed to find shelter.

Finding a big tree, she caught her breath and rested against it. Her eyes close shut and she accepts the comforting darkness under her eye lids. The same darkness that had kept her sane.

She had no idea what the last few years of her over due life had consisted of. She knew there was pain. She knew there was loneliness.
What she didn't know, was where she was. She didn't know what year it was. She had no recollection of her past. However it did come to her in pieces, but what she once knew, wasn't the same as what she knew now.

She missed the past. The thoughts and few memories brought her peace and comfort. Hope...

Her father had done this to her. She knew that for certain. They reminded her. Everyday she was stuck in that cell, along and frightened.
"Your father brought you to us." They would say.
"Your father did this to you."
"Your father helped you. Saved you."

All he did was bring her pain.

As she sit against the bark of a tree, her heightened hearing picked up something in the far distance.
The sound of footsteps and the crackle of fire was brought to her attention and her immediate thought was to run. But she was tired of running and all she wanted was to rest. And feed.

"I told you I heard something...." The soft voice of a unknown female sounded through her ears. Vivian stood up. Standing up against the tree ready to pounce.