✯ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 ✯

Start from the beginning

With a surprisingly vicious annoyance, she noted that the two girls were their age and very pretty. She tried to remind herself that she didn't care, and that they had every right to speak to Tom if they wanted to. After all, he did look devilishly handsome in that dark suit and even she would like to–

"Stop!" she whispered to herself furiously. "Get a grip."

But then her feet found themselves walking briskly to the small group as she hastily pushed between the two girls and Tom. 

"Wanna dance?" she asked in a rushed manner, didn't wait for an answer, and pulled him by the hand to where the other couples were swaying. 

"What do you think you are doing, Kennedy?" Tom said through gritted teeth, feeling ridiculous as he was then flung in the vicinity of dance floor. "Stop manhandling me!"

"First of all, I saved you from those girls. And second of all, you said we were here to dance, so let's dance."

The music changed to more upbeat tune and the surrounding people started moving faster, laughing and giggling at their non melodic dance moves. There was cheering as a particular song started being played that the villagers all seemed to recognise. 

"C'mon Tom!" Daisy pleaded, taking his hands and pulling on them. 

He pressed his lips together, trying to pull his hands away from her but she wouldn't let go. 

"I merely suggested you dance, not me," he started, but Daisy rolled her eyes. 

"I need a drink," she scoffed, but refused to give up. 

Undeterred, the girl continued to sway and spin, her movements becoming more animated with every passing moment. Her carefree spirit began to break down the boy's annoyance, and he couldn't help but snicker a little at her exuberance.

In an attempt to maintain his composure, the wizard finally relented, taking a step or two in time with the music. However, he still maintained a level of restraint, his movements more controlled compared to Daisy's spontaneous dance.

"That all you got?" Daisy raised a brow, watching him move so stiffly that he looked like a robot with rusty joints. "Take that stick out of your ass and relax a little, Riddle!"

He narrowed his eyes at her words, feeling suddenly irritated that she thought she could speak to him in that manner. 

She started doing crazy dance moves now, shrieking and whooping in time of the music, not caring about anyone else's reaction. His cheeks heated at the absurdity of her figure, but was still somehow entranced. 

"Stop!" he ordered. "You're embarrassing yourself."

"No you are," she replied loftily. "You're the only one here not moving."

"I'm going to end your–"

"Oh shut up Tom. Just let loose for once," she cut in, not having the patience for his daily threats. "What have you go to lose?"

"Um, my dignity, my pride, my reputation, my–"

"Just freaking dance!" she yelled, grabbing his hands again and moving in sync with him. 

He sighed and copied her movements only so she would cease her annoying chatter. He felt absolutely preposterous, but noticed less and less as she started smiling bigger and bigger. 

Sweat started to coat their hairlines as their frantic movements copied the pace of the song, jumping around and swinging their bodies to the rhythm. Eventually Daisy and Tom were just swaying with small smiles on their faces. 

The tension between them had risen to a crescendo during this mission of theirs, but right now, bathed in the soft light of the square and the slow music in the background, it almost seemed like they not only tolerated each other, but liked each other. 

Tom's face was the most relaxed she had seen in a long long time, his lips curved slightly upward into an expression that was much more pleasant than his usual resting face. The chemistry between them was undeniable, but both were stubbornly clinging to the notion that they were adversaries.

Their eyes met, and for a fleeting moment, the pretense of hostility melted away. The whispers of the town square, the distant sounds of the night, even the music, all blurred into insignificance. In that suspended moment, Daisy and Tom turned into just a boy and a girl, denying the undeniable pull between them.

Daisy couldn't resist any longer, tilted her head up, stood on her tip toes, and pressed her lips to his. 

She felt Tom tense against her, his whole body going rigid. Her mind ran a million miles per minute, feeling intense regret and embarrassment as she realised he didn't want to kiss her. She pulled back slightly, her eyes moving up look at his in order to gage what he was feeling. 

His dark eyes, darker than usual, were a swirl of unidentifiable emotions. He seemed to be in a fight with himself, clenching and unclenching his jaw as his lips were pulled in a tight line. But then something seemed to take over him, and before she knew it his hand had found the small off her back as he smoothly jerked her against his chest. 

The kiss that followed was a collision of conflicting emotions—passion and restraint, desire and denial.

Her arms wound around his neck as she leaned in even deeper if possible, relishing the hint of dark chocolate taste mixed with the enigmatic spark of sweet forbidden fruit. His other hand joined and found the space above her hips to eradicate any form of space between them. 

The young witch was dimly aware that they were in a public area, but in that moment she could not care less. She had seen other couples kiss, who cared that they were doing the same, albeit a little more steamily. 

His tongue slipped into her mouth and almost playfully ran its way on the inside of her lip. She almost groaned in delight at how skilled he was. How? She had no idea. 

They came apart after they both desperately needed air, and sound rushed back into her ears. The two stared at each other, both mouths slightly agape as they processed what they had both just done. 

"I need a drink."

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗

A/N: slay

take a shot every time daisy says she needs a drink lol