✯ 𝐭𝐞𝐧 ✯

December, 1944

December, 1944

𝐃𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐘 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐎𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 with anxiety. She had never gone to a dance with a boy before, much less on a date. It's not because she wasn't a pretty girl, she just never really put herself out there.

She was currently in the Hufflepuff common room, nestled in a chair next to Anika in her room as they carefully applied their makeup. Without Gabriela with them, there seemed to be an odd gap of silence in their conversations, since the Spanish witch completed their trio. 

"Do you think she's found a date?" Anika finally addressed the elephant in the room. "I would hate if she was the only one of us going alone."

"I'm sure she has. Any guy would die to go on a date with her," Daisy responded honestly, thinking back to the time in 4th year where she had been so jealous of her friend. 

She remembered it was the year where most girls in their class had starting maturing and developing. Gabriela developed quickly, transforming into a tall slender masterpiece of curves. Daisy had remained of average height and resembled the shape of a cereal box.

In fact, she still practically resembled a cereal box. With her lack of a chest and hips, the only thing she had going for her was her bottom. She laughed despite herself, ridiculing herself for her silly inner thoughts.

"What?" Anika smiled at her. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, I'm just recalling the period in which I hated Gabriela in 4th year, and for the stupidest reason! I hated the fact that she was so much prettier than me."

"Well, look at you now," Anika motioned dramatically. "Fleamont is so lucky that he get's to go with you."

"Pretty sure it's the other way around," the blond sighed. "I don't think he feel's the same way I do."

"He wouldn't have gone with you if he didn't," Anika reasoned. "Stop doubting yourself. Both of us are going to have a blast tonight, with or without Gabriela!"

"Yeah, we do look fantastic," Daisy looked at their reflection in the mirror. "And hell, that green dress looks bloody amazing in contrast to your dark skin. Lestrange won't know what hit him."

"Thanks. I'm almost certain he believes I'm some exotic creature from the other side of the world. He'll be shocked to know I've spent my entire life in the United Kingdom," Anika chuckled to herself. 

"Honestly, this school needs more diversity," Daisy shook her head in disappointment. "Alright, I think we're ready to go."

Anika beamed with excitement and stood up with her friend. The two girls walked out of their dorm, appraising the other girls and boys walking out of their dorms. 

Everyone certainly had taken the opportunity to dress up. It became abundantly clear who the richest families were in their year, not necessarily because they looked the nicest, but because they looked the most ridiculous.