VALENTINES SPECIAL 01

Bold italicized words are Yin's thoughts.

Underlined italicized words are War's thoughts. 

---

The castle was bustling with activity that morning. Owls were flying in and out of the dorm windows,  delivering packages of all shapes and sizes. 

In the Gryffindor dorms, a particular seeker took his time, humming a merry tune as he penned a letter before heading to the owlery with a skip on his steps. 

You seem particularly happy today.

And what about it Anan?

Shall I expect something from you then?

I'm already your soulmate. I think that gives me a free pass for cheesy Valentines day presents. 

Such a shame. And here I was thinking you were romantic. 

Not a chance. I thought you already knew that I have no romantic bone in my body. 

Sure. Let's pretend I agree. 

The seeker smiled, his dimples showing as he arrived and  spotted his beloved owl.

"Now Rookie, remember, deliver this to him as soon as I walk in. I want to see the look on his face." Rookie hoots and he took that as a yes. "Good girl."

He stays for a while, just talking to his owl and letting the cool morning breeze soothe him, when he hears the familiar voice in his head. 

Where are you?

On my way. 

I got you chocolate milk. 

And that's why the universe chose you as my soulmate. 

Because of chocolate milk?

The Gryffindor seeker shakes his head but quickens his steps to the Great Hall, smile never leaving his lips. 

---

Yin slumps on the table, eyes trained on the large doors, waiting for the  Gryffindor seeker to  walk in. 

"Sighing ten times every second is not going to make him magically materialize here. Apparition is forbidden inside the castle." Arms says with a knowing grin. 

"Calm down lover boy, your soulmate will come." Off interjected with a raised brow. "You're acting like you haven't seen  him for days. You separated barely twelve hours ago."

The Ravenclaw seeker looked away from the door momentarily to raise his brow at the Slytherin captain who had one arm wrapped around his smaller Gryffindor boyfriend. 

"Pot, kettle."

Aw, you already miss me?"

I always miss you. 

He hears a retching sound from behind him and turns to smile at his soulmate. War had a frown on his face but the tips of his ears were read and there was a faint blush on his cheeks. 

"Sometimes I thank whoever made them soulmates for giving them  telepathy. Otherwise, we would be privy to whatever conversation happens between them and I'm not sure I can take that." Tay winced with an amused smile as the Gryffindor seeker landed a punch on the smiling Ravenclaw's bicep. 

"They don't openly flirt but they manage to be more disgustingly sweet than other couples." Earth complained, sparing them a glare before going back to reading the prophet. 

All around them, students were receiving all sorts of packages. There was an onslaught of owls delivering letters and parcels in every table. 

Their friends had their own piles by their sides, it wasn't uncommon for the captains to receive gifts from their admirers on this special day. Gun and Earth both had a pile of gifts next to them but the delicate bag closer to Gun was clearly special, no doubt from the Slytherin captain who never shies away from spoiling his Gryffindor. 

The Gryffindor seeker huffed when he spotter the gifts for the Ravenclaw seeker, forgotten by his side as Yin turned his full attention on him. 

"Someone is jealous." Gun said with a smirk. 

"Please." War replied with a shrug. "Soulmate remember?"

"You didn't get me anything?" Yin asked with a faux frown. "I'm hurt."

Before he could reply, War looked up and smiled when he saw the familiar figure of his owl. He smiled secretively as his winged pet landed in front of the bewildered Ravenclaw. 

"So you did get me something?" Yin asked as he untied the letter from Rookie's leg. 

"Is that-" Arm asked with a breathless laugh. 

As soon as Yin unties the letter and breaks the seal, it transforms to the shape of a mouth and his soulmate looks at him in question. 

"YIN ANAN WONG." The howler booms, catching the attention of everyone around them. "HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO THE CHEESIEST MAN ALIVE.  I WON'T SAY I LOVE YOU BECAUSE YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT SO I'M SENDING THIS HOWLER TO LET EVERYONE KNOW INSTEAD. Oh and Rookie says she loves you too."

The letter bursts into flames after turning the Ravenclaw seeker bright red and after leaving the Gryffindor seeker in fits of laughter as his soulmate gapes at him in shock.

Their friends try to hide their laughs and even the staff look away to hide their smiles but the message was clear. 

"How's that for a Valentines surprise?" War asked in between his laughter, leaning his head on Yin's shoulder and smiling up at him adoringly. "That's the last time I'm doing that even though it was fun seeing your reaction."

"Only you would send me a howler for Valentines day." Yin whines, his cheeks still red from all the attention he was getting and from the way his soulmate was nuzzling on his neck. "I'll get you back for that."

"I'd love to see you try Anan." War replies with a grin, permanently settling his head on Yin's shoulder. 

-END-