The Ball

As the days until the Yule Ball ticked by, Hogwarts would be wrapped in a blanket of excitement. There was a palpable air of celebration as the decorations slowly went up and as the snow slowly fell on the grounds.

On the day itself, Hogwarts falls into chaos, every student wanting to have the picture perfect year-ender. Some were worried about their outfit and others were worried about their date.

Thankfully, War doesn't fall on either of those categories. He didn't have to worry about what to wear, not with both Earth and Gun in his case and he certainly didn't need to worry about finding a date. So it was safe to say that their dorm in Gryffindor tower was relatively calm amidst everything that was happening around them.

War stepped out in his wine red robes, material charmed to show a glint of gold when caught in the light.

"You look good." Gun praised after looking him over. "The robes suit you."

"I would be worried if they didn't." Earth huffs. "We spent hours on those."

War took one look at the mirror and grinned. His friends really outdid themselves. Gun and Earth spent weeks on each of their outfits, it was a small project of sorts and the results were amazing to say the least. He was very happy with how he looked even though it was quite a struggle to get to the end product, he and Gun had initially fought over how to style his hair but in the end he let the smaller man do as he wished. And he's definitely glad that he did, Gun had done a far better job of taming his hair than he ever could.

"I don't know how to thank you both." War begins but he was quickly cut off by his friends 

"You can thank us by knocking Yin off of his feet." Gun says, the sound of his laugh tinkering in the air. "But now we have to go or we'll be late."

"You ready?" He asks the Ravenclaw through their bond.

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Don't be overdramatic. This isn't your first ball." War scolds, face automatically breaking to a smile.

"It's my first ball with you though."

"It's just me."

"Exactly. I'm nervous because it's you."

"Cheesy Anan. I'll be down in a minute."

"Can't wait."

"Talking to Yin?" Earth asks with a knowing smile.

"Why do you need to ask, of course he is." Gun replies with a laugh. "They're practically inseparable."

War sticks his tongue out at them to which they only laughed. It was true anyway, War and Yin were practically attached at the hip, they were almost always together. War would argue and say that his days would feel incomplete if he doesn't get to talk to the Ravenclaw at least once.

"They're running for the clingiest couple in the castle." Earth teases. "You're going to beat out all the competition at this rate."

"Who even is the competition?" Gun asks.

"You and your papi of course."

--
War's eyes immediately found Yin as soon as they descended the steps. The Ravenclaw was standing in the middle of a sea of students and yet War only had eyes for him. Yin was donned in midnight blue robes, a bronze eagle intricately pinned on his breast pocket. His hair was styled up, highlighting his charming face.

"Stop staring and go over to him." Gun whispers, waving goodbye when the Slytherin captain arrived and whisked him away.

"I'll go find Kao, you go over to your Ravenclaw before somebody snatches him away." Earth says, patting his back softly before disappearing in the crowd.

"Behind you."

Yin turns and their eyes meet. Suddenly it was as if there was nobody else around them, it didn't matter that they were in the middle of the whole student body, all that mattered was each other.

Slowly, they walk towards each other, meeting in the middle. When they were face to face, Yin breaks into a smile.

"Hey soulmate."

War laughs, eyes crinkling before taking Yin's hands in his and intertwining their fingers.

"Can I be cheesy for one second?"

"Even if I say no, you'll still say whatever it is you're going to say anyway."

"I think you just took my breath away."

"Don't I always?"

Yin shakes his head, eyes glinting in mirth. "You do."

"You're not looking so bad yourself. You may have just added a few more to the list of people vying for your attention."

"They can keep on trying, but I'm quite happily taken. You see he's hard to beat, they don't stand a chance."

"Sounds like you bagged yourself a keeper."

"A seeker actually." Yin laughs, pulling War impossibly closer, their noses practically touching. "However, I think people are also starting to seek my seeker's attention. I think I need to remind them that he's also quite happily taken."

"I'm sure they're aware."

"Good." Yin says, before stealing a quick peck and smiling fondly. "I don't like to share."

Just as he said that, the doors to the great hall opened and they were welcomed to what War could only describe as a winter wonderland.

"It's beautiful."

"It is." Yin agrees.