The Bond

A/N: This will be relevant starting from this chapter

Bold italicized words are Yin's thoughts.

Underlined italicized words are War's thoughts.

---

War wakes up with a groan, he sits up and sends a silent thank you to whoever left a pepper-up potion on his bedside table. After downing the vial, he suddenly remembers the events of last night and slumps back to the mattress.

"What was I thinking?!" War berates himself. He covers his eyes with his arm when he suddenly remembers the kiss and the expression on Yin's face when they separated for air. Unknowingly he touches his lips before quickly shaking his head when he realizes what he was doing.  "Why did I kiss him?"

He turns and buries his face on his pillow, hands messing up his already messy hair.  "Why did I run away?"

When they broke their kiss, it was like the curse was lifted. His eyes widened and before he knew it he was sprinting back to Gryffindor tower without sparing the Ravenclaw a glance.

"Of all the impulsive things I could have possibly done-" War rubs his face in frustration. He faces the ceiling, not wanting to get out of bed, not when he had a class with the Ravenclaws that afternoon. "What do I even say to him after all that?"

As if hit by a sudden realization he suddenly sits up, "It was definitely a one time thing, if I'm lucky he won't even remember it happened and if he does I'll pretend I don't remember."

With newfound vigor he stood up and started getting ready, trying to erase the memory of Yin's lips on his.

He slides on the seat next to Earth when he arrives at the great hall and immediately starts piling food on his plate.

"I thought you would sleep all day." Earth teases. "Not even a troll could wake you up this morning."

"Where were you last night? We looked everywhere for you but you were nowhere to be found. And then we find you knocked out at the dorm." Gun asked, glancing at him with a stare he couldn't quite place.

War shrugged, not bothering to answer the question. How was he supposed to tell them he was busy snogging his supposed enemy anyway? Instead he opened his potions book and pretended to read so they would drop the topic.

He was on his second serving when he suddenly remembered the pepper-up potion on his table. "Thank you for the pepper-up, it helped with the headache."

"Oh that wasn't from us." Gun replied with a mysterious smile.

"Then who?" War asked, tilting his head in confusion.

"Someone handed it to us before we left the party," His friend shrugged. "Specifically told us to leave it on your bedside."

War's eyes squinted, "Was it Tay? He told the team not to drink too much."

"Nope." Earth said, resting his head on his hand and looking at War intently. "Guess?"

"Nevermind, just send them my thanks." War said, not really in the mood to figure out who this person was, not when his head was still on a certain Ravenclaw seeker.

"You can thank them yourself." The smaller man said nodding to something behind him.

War turns and almost chokes on a carrot when he sees the last person he wants to see today smiling down at him. He clears his throat and hears his friends snicker.

"Yin."

"War."

They stared at each other for what felt like a long time but in reality was probably only a few seconds at best before the Ravenclaw spoke again.