The Party

"Hello and welcome to Hogwarts first quidditch game of the season! Today's game Hufflepuff versus Ravenclaw!"

War was seated in the Gryffindor stands watching as blurs of yellow and blue zoomed through the pitch. His eyes automatically gravitating to the Ravenclaw's seeker. Yin was flying on his firebolt, skillfully zigzagging through the pitch. Loathe as he was to admit it, watching Yin circling the air was almost hypnotic.

"You're staring." Off remarked breaking his reverie. "Yin is not going anywhere."

"I am not staring." War scowled at the Slytherin captain. "And why are you in the Gryffindor stands?"

"Boyfriend is here so I'm here." The captain shrugged, pulling Gun closer.

"Get a room." He replied before turning away from the couple and watching the players fly down to their positions. There was palpable excitement in the air, the same excitement that always permeated Hogwarts when quidditch season begins. The Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws were raising enchanted flags and banners.

"The players take their positions as Headmaster Kim steps out onto the field to start the game!"

The announcer spoke with exuberance that was returned by wild cheers as the headmaster walked to the center of the field.

"Now, I want a nice, clean game-" Headmaster Kim speaks, voice booming in the pitch. "from all of you!"

The captains flew to the center of the group and clasped hands before the Headmaster opened the quidditch trunk.

"The bludgers are up, followed by the golden snitch!" The bludgers fly away and the snitch vanishes before the Headmaster throws the quaffle in the air. "The quaffle is released, and the game begins!"

War tuned out the screams as a Hufflepuff chaser gets the quaffle first. He darts his eyes around the pitch and spots Yin who was flying higher than the other players to get a better view of the pitch.

His eyes follow the Ravenclaw seeker, waiting for any indication of Yin spotting the snitch. Meanwhile the other players on the pitch were flying from one end to the other, quaffle being passed from chaser to chaser. The captains were shouting orders from the middle of the pitch but War was oblivious to it all, eyers firmly glued on the seeker in blue.

It was after Ravenclaw scores another goal that War sees Yin grasp his broom tighter as the seekers face hardens.

"He's got it."

"What?" Gun asks.

"The snitch. Yin has seen the snitch."

"How-" Before Gun could finish his sentence, Yin maneuvers his broom, flying at breakneck speed.

War curls his hand to a fist, not letting the Ravenclaw seeker out of his sight. Yin starts zooming through the stands as the Hufflepuff seeker finally realizes that the Ravenclaw was in pursuit of the golden ball.

He's played enough games with the Ravenclaw to know when Yin was throwing a feint, this was definitely not one of those times. The seekers were flying towards the Gryffindor stands and War could finally see the tiny speck of gold. 

Yin's hand reaches for the snitch just as they reach the Gryffindor stands and War clearly sees Yin's hand close around the golden ball seconds before the Hufflepuff seeker could catch up.

"He's caught the snitch!" The announcer screams and the stands let out a thundering applause. "Yin Anan receives a hundred and fifty points for catching the snitch! Ravenclaw wins!"

Yin raises his hand holding the golden snitch to the crowd's wild screams. The Ravenclaw seeker seems to realize War was right behind him and turns on his broom, eyes zeroing in on the Gryffindor. Yin throws him a smirk and a wink before flying off to his teammates.