Chapter 17: In His Eyes, She Was Both Poetry and Prose

Andy's video did so well. Better than most of Niki's uploaded videos. Almost as good as her Ponkan videos. Everyone kept saying that Andy's face reveal did not disappoint, that it was better than their expectations.

"They love you!" she told Andy.

"Of course, they do," Andy replied with a sneer. "What are we doing next?"

"Well, they're suggesting we do an interview with you." She rolled her eyes when he started gloating again.

"I told you people will love me."

"Whatever." She made a face. "I'll tell them to send me questions through IG."

Niki waited until there were enough questions for a full length video. They would just cut the boring parts, kung may dead air man. Andy was excited to make the video.He has not created an account on the app yet. Ayaw daw nito. Hindi kasi masyadong maki-social media si Andy. Madalas lang itong manuod ng streams o maglaro ng online games. His search history was full of code-related queries. A few of their friends have already followed her account and they constantly comment on her videos.

They decided to make the interview on a Saturday. Bago humarap sa camera, Niki decided to put a little makeup on Andy. Just to polish his look. Another content din iyon, para isahang edit. She was really getting good at vlogging. Kahit saan siya tumingin, nakakakita siya ng potential content.

"Do I really have to do this?" tanong ni Andy nang ilagay niya ang headband sa ulo nito. Andy was sitting on her chair, in front of her now vanity area. Nasa tapat ng saradong bintana ang drawer na nilalagyan ng mga makeup kit niya. She didn't put the small mirror there para masurpresa si Andy. She has also learned how to angle the phone para kahit back camera ang gamit, alam niyang makikita sila sa frame.

It was already recording even before Andy sat on the chair.

"Can I trim your eyebrows?" Niki asked. She was holding the eyebrow trimmer in front of his face.

Iniurong nito ang mukha.

Tumawa siya. "I'm not gonna shave it off."

"I don't trust you," sagot nito habang naniningkit ang mga mata.

"I swear I'm just gonna trim them!" she insisted. Tumingin siya sa phone. "He's just kidding, guys. I've done this so many times already."

Andy also looked at the back camera of the phone, widened his eyes, and shook his head. But he was just kidding. High school pa lang sila ay ginagawa na niya iyon. Sure, she did shave his eyebrow by accident once before, pero matagal na yun.

"Dali na, 'Dy! Ang dami pa nating gagawin ngayong araw," pamimilit niya.

Andy pursed his lips, looked at the phone again, and sighed. He pointed a finger at her. "Be very careful with my eyebrows."

Niki nodded. Pinapikit niya ito. Saka siya nagsimulang mag-trim ng kilay nito. Wala naman siyang masyadong gagawin sa mukha ni Andy. He has clear skin. Strong jawline na hindi na kailangang i-define. Matangos na ilong. Mahahaba rin ang pilik-mata nito. Maganda ang shape ng kilay kahit medyo makalat.

He was blessed in the looks department. It was annoying sometimes. Siya, gabi-gabing may skincare routine. Napakarami ng beauty products just to look good. Si Andy, sabon lang. Minsan yung sabon pa na ginagamit nito, iyon din ang ginagamit nito sa katawan nito. Naglalagay lang ito ng sunscreen kapag pinagsasabihan niya. He doesn't do anything with his face and his face just somehow cooperates? So unfair.

"Why are you sighing, Niki? Pinakakaba mo 'ko," he muttered while his eyes were still closed. Nakatuon ang pinky finger niya sa tungki ng ilong nito.

"There. Done."