Chapter 4

You stared through the RV window, watching as the buildings fly by you. The drive had been lasting for over twenty four hours now, giving you plenty of time to think about what you wanted to say. Even though it was cramped, the AC felt warm and comforting as your back started getting cold, being nervous of how the interview was going to go.

"You doing alright?" Velvet asked, looking over from the front passenger seat.

"What do you think?" you mumbled.

"If you really want to, I can do all the talking and you can just sit there and look (pretty/handsome)."

"(y/n) should still do some of the talking. After all, they're the one who took an interest in the show," Roz said.

Before you knew it, Harmony was sitting across from you, a soft smile on her face. She folded her arms onto the table, making direct eye contact with you. Almost instantly, you knew what was going on.

"Good afternoon, mx. (l/n). I'm the current owner of Playfellow Workshop! Tell me, why exactly do you believe my studio is a good fit for your channel?" she asked.

You groaned, tilting your head backwards and hitting the headrest. "I'm not doing this right now."

"That's not a very professional response, mx. (l/n)."

With a huff, you looked back at her. Leaning forward, you folded your arms on the shaking table and gave your best smile.

"Well, while we have no proof your video- uhm channel- ugh, restart!" you exclaimed, throwing your hands up into the air as your face grew red.

You could hear Roz and Velvet laughing from up front. Harmony let out a small giggle, but nodded.

"Good afternoon, mx. (l/n). I'm the current owner of Playfellow Workshop! Tell me, why exactly do you believe my studio is a good fit for your channel?"

Taking a deep breath, you thought for a moment before speaking.

"Well, while our channel prides itself on exploring haunted locations and arguing both for and against the existence of ghosts, we find that places that are just abandoned seem to have a feeling of suspense for our viewers. If we are not looking for ghosts, then the suspense becomes higher as any paranormal activity we encounter is not what's expected,"

you explain, taking your time when speaking. You could feel your thumb start to rub against your wrist. "We also found locations unfamiliar to the viewer tend to grab more attention. Based on all the research I've done, no one seems to know about the studio, and the show as well. With no media about it on the internet, we'll have something truly original that no other channel has. This will help the video stand out and gain more attention for a possible reboot for your show."

"There are plenty of other abandoned studios out there that people may not know about. Why is this one so special?"

"Simple: it was home to a forgotten puppet show. Puppets are something many people are afraid of, especially ones from a forgotten TV show. I'm positive that it will draw attention amongst the horror community. I, myself, have been exposed to many scary stories and creepypastas that revolve around things like puppets and old kids shows. The nostalgia that comes with these stories attracts many people and is sure to stand out compared to the other studios."

"And how do you know this connection to the horror genre won't scare a potential audience away from the reboot I want to do?"

"It's not a guarantee, but we will do our best to make sure viewers know that this show is not meant to be horror. However, if there is an overwhelming consensus that the show will be a horror series, in my opinion, you can always redirect the show in that direction. I know it won't be what you wanted, but recently horror media that starts off looking like a child-friendly show has gotten very popular in the general public. It holds a shock factor that could draw in more viewers." You give one last grin, groaning after a lengthy and tedious explanation, you rest your head on the table with exhaustion.