Chapter 2

"Welcome Home?" you asked, tilting your head.

"Yes, it was a show similar to Sesame Street. Each episode had a different lesson to learn and different characters would appear to help teach those lessons," she said. You noticed one of the pictures in front of you appeared to have a younger version of Emily in it, reaching for it to inspect it. "I was on the show once. I won a small contest and got to be a special guest. I- I almost forgot about it. But then I found all these. No one else seems to know what I'm talking about. Not my old classmates, not my parents, not my siblings or cousins. It's like I'm the only one in the world who remembers them."

"So... how does this relate to the channel?"

"I still have the building address. As far as I know, it was never bought after the show shut down. And it went off air so suddenly. I asked Alex if he would look into it for your channel, and he said he'd convince you guys to do it but..."

"He didn't," you finished.

Emily nodded.

You had a sneaking suspicion as to why Alex didn't want to take the location. This studio wasn't exactly popular. If Emily was the only one with some memory of it, that wouldn't be good for getting views. And it didn't sound like the place was haunted, either. While a location not being haunted wasn't a deal breaker, you knew Velvet preferred locations that were considered haunted. It was one of those words that got millions of people clicking on the videos. Though, Alex's fear of dolls and puppets was probably the main reason for him not wanting to do the location.

Letting out a sigh, you set the picture down. "Alright, I'll get the others to do it. I promise."

"Thank you, dear. Do you know why Alex didn't say anything?"

"Nope. No clue."

Despite the huge dick move Alex made by getting his mom's hopes up, you still knew better than to out him on his phobias. You weren't going to stoop that low.

"Do you mind if I take some of this stuff? I'd like to be able to use it as part of my research," you said, gesturing to all the stuff scattered on the table.

"Of course, dear. I'm not entirely sure what to do with it, anyways. And besides, you like collecting little vintage things, right? I believe some of this would count as vintage."

"Thank you, Aunty. I promise I'll get that video up in honor of you," you said, smiling.

"What did you get? What did you get?"

"Back off before I drop and break all of it."

Velvet huffed, crossing her arms as she closed the door behind you with her hip.

"You are seriously no fun," she grumbled.

"Well I guess pizza is no fun either," you said, setting down the box of trinkets and a couple boxes of pizza as Roz requested.

"Can you at least tell me what you got?" she asked.

"Stuff about an old puppet show studio. Aunty apparently had a whole bunch of stuff on it and Alex decided not to tell us cause he's scared of puppets," you grumbled.

"Of course he'd pull something like this. Whatever. You just get the research done and I'll help with editing after the stream is over," she said.

You watched Velvet check the boxes of pizza, grabbing one and retreating back to the sanctuary of the streaming room. Grabbing a plate and dishing yourself up a few slices, you went back to your room with the box of items and got to work on digging through all of it. Emily had shown you everything that had been in it, but you didn't get a chance to actually take a close look at the contents.