Say Everything

Author's Notes:

I apologise in advance for my attempt at song lyrics. My vision aimed towards the star but at best I ended up on the moon. That is, the moon that was reflected in the little puddle that was my tears falling out of frustration writing it.

But other than the song, please enjoy this self-indulgent and fluffy epilogue-style chapter.

♪ Mew Suppasit – "Forever Love", Coldplay – "Yellow", Justin Degryse – "Could you be my moon"

💕

Ever since day one, Zhang Zhe Han has been weak for everything Gong Jun. But there are two things in particular the man does that are absolutely lethal, things that make Zhang Zhe Han's mind go blank, his speech falter and his knees weak—Gong Jun laughing and singing. So, when he is faced with Gong Jun doing star jumps whilst singing a sappy love song as they sit on the couch watching the broadcast of the Finale just two days after the recording, his only option is to climb into Gong Jun's lap and kiss him passionately until they are both breathless.

Inspired by the words blaring from the speakers in Gong Jun's deep, distinct baritone voice, he pulls back and says, "Let's do it."

Gong Jun chases his lips whilst murmuring, "Do what?"

Placing his hands on Gong Jun's chest, he looks down into those warm eyes, "Let's have our perfect day. Actually, let's make it a perfect week. Let's drive to Chengdu."

Nibbling down Zhang Zhe Han's jaw and neck, Gong Jun asks, "You want to come back and then drive to Chengdu?"

Tilting his head to give his man more access, he responds, "No. I think we should do it now. Let's go as soon as we are done here. Just you and me."

Gong Jun gently kisses the dip between his clavicles and leans back into the couch, resting his hands on Zhang Zhe Han's hips, his expression hopeful and excited, "You have time? You don't need to get back to finish the album?"

"I will always make time for you, Junjun." And he means it. He will make time. They will make this work. They made it work when they weren't even real. This—this will be better in every possible way. "Besides, my album is basically done. And we still haven't heard about your movie yet. You don't have anything scheduled right?"

Gong Jun's eyes widens and his breath falters for a fraction before he pulls Zhang Zhe Han close and kisses his next breath right out of his lungs.

💕

Even though utter chaos erupts around them when the finale airs, with impossible schedules and never a moment to themselves, it only takes two phone calls to arrange everything. Somehow, both Li Jin Peng and Sun Wen Li manage to reschedule the few remaining interviews and commercial photoshoots they have left, into the following day.

Almost all of their joint CP endorsement brands have already arrived on location to take advantage of their second place and their meteoric appearance on the show. Because even though they had not won, their playful nature and obvious love for each other had transgressed through the screens and right into the heart of the nation. The country currently has JunZhe fever.

The following day is long and the schedule never-ending, but because this is what they have to do to have what is looking like a full week off, they power through it with an equally endless supply of energy, smiles and dedication to the production, their studios, and their brands. And only three days after their second place, Gong Jun navigates the narrow winding roads down the Lion Hill and onto the G348 National Highway.

Knowing Gong Jun's love of driving, they could probably make it to Chengdu in one day. But this trip is less about the destination—though he's really excited to finally get a chance to see Gong Jun's house—and more about their own journey to rediscover their relationship, clear all of their insecurities and misunderstandings and just be open, honest, and together.