PART 2: Pursuing God through Prayer

Prayer used to be an anthem for me, with the same words repeated daily. It would only change if my requests were answered. However, upon reflection, I realized I wasn't truly praying.

Reading the Bible posed another challenge. I would read if someone asked me to or if I wanted God to answer my prayers. But I never attempted to interpret the words; I simply believed that merely reading made me God's favorite. I had a Bible app on my phone that remained largely untouched.

Worship and praise were often performed when I prayed with others. I hardly worship or praised during my personal prayer. I seldom prayed, reserving it only for moments of sadness when I had no one else to turn to.

Looking back, I now understand that I wasn't praying with intention. I wasn't praying to have a conversation with my Father or to seek God. I realized that despite calling myself a Christian, I lacked knowledge of the Bible, and that troubled me. However, I knew I had the power to bring about change.

This is how I have transformed my prayer life after seeking God:

1. I immerse myself in praise-filled Christian music, especially when I'm feeling sleepy. It sets the mood for prayer.
2. I play live Christian instrumental music while reading my Bible, actively trying to interpret its teachings. This helps me stay focused.
3. I engage in worship, allowing myself to become emotionally connected.

Then, I PRAY:

P - Praise God for who He is and what He represents.
R - Repent and seek forgiveness for the sins I have committed or the commands I have neglected.
A - Ask for my own needs and the needs of others.
Y - Yield my will to God's will.

To enhance my prayer experience, I keep a container filled with folded white papers containing Bible verses that I've written down. I select one note after each prayer, and it feels as though God is responding directly to me.
I recently saw a new way to write the verses in colored papers. With each color for a particular emotion I will definitely try it out 🥹. By Gods grace I will only be picking at happy and thankful 😂❤️🤌🏽m⬇️

 By Gods grace I will only be picking at happy and thankful 😂❤️🤌🏽m⬇️

After praying, I experience a sense of lightness and renewed energy. I feel empowered to face any challenge that comes my way.

Throughout the day, when I have free time, I indulge in reading women's devotionals and other Christian books.

One challenge I am still working on is time management, which affects the stability of my prayer routine. However, I ensure that I pray at least twice a day and incorporate Christian music into various aspects of my life.

By making these changes, my prayer life has blossomed, allowing me to grow closer to God and find peace in His presence.