mildred pierce

CHAPTER SIX:mildred piercewhy?

CHAPTER SIX:
mildred pierce
why?

🎸⋆⭒˚。⋆

you're working hard on the presentation but on the day of the assembly nothing goes to plan.

"your music taste is shit," kyle mutters as he passes behind you, his ever-so-awful posture being apparent.

"thanks," you plainly replied back.

it's another wednesday, this time around you were fully aware of the contract you signed two weeks ago. that's right, you did finish cartman's request and did utilize your privilege. the privilege of the aux cord and playing whatever song to your heart's content. although this fact doesn't negate from kyle's attitude and opinions, if you were petty enough you would've already given him three strikes. it's just the fact that you don't care all that much.

you're at the makeshift dinner table the committee has made by pushing all of the desks together. for some reason, you feel a surge of energy coming from your fingertips as you're working on the final touches of the presentation.

you should give yourself a pat on the back, somehow in your circumstances you were able to motivate people who got into your mess. even cartman, who in the past week looked like he's been working overtime on this project, strangely.

you slump back in your chair and sigh, this damn project.

butters, on the other hand, was sitting next to you working on something completely different. every couple of clicks on his computer followed with a glance at you.

you noticed this but didn't question it.

maybe it was awkward, every once in a while you guys would pause on your work and give each other the most intense side-eye. sometimes it would be at the same time, and it was always butters that would look away the fastest. you got sick of saying nothing and playing this weird game.

you spoke up, "are you scared?"

his eyes dart to yours.

ha, caught him.

"of what?" his voice croaks a bit.

you decide not to answer straight away. instead, your attention was on the other side of the room. kenny and cartman holding a loud conversation that sounded like mumbo-jumbo to you, while stan and kyle sort of observe.

"i know what you did." was all you said to butters, not even facing him.

well, you couldn't. or else, you would've burst out laughing. you wish you could see his horrified contorted face.

except, he wasn't.

the boy next to you sighs and shakes his head, "when are you going to stop being so cryptic?"