T w e n t y

11th February 2021

El's POV
"Goodmorning Bil" I said kissing my phone. "I'll be there soon okay" I said before hanging up. I've taken 2 weeks off and my boss said I can have more if I need it.

I got into my car heading to the hospital but taking a pit stop at Taco Bell.

"Hiya welcome to Taco Bell, can I take your order"

"Hey how are you doing" I spoke

"I'm doing good thanks, yourself?"

"I'm good I'm good, can I have 2 bean burritos with no cheese and a bottle of water please"

"Of course that's $8.25 at the next window" I drove off payed the worker and gave them money before being handed the food and heading to the hospital.

I walked into the hospital and greeted the receptionist that I now know is Maria. I walked to the room and waited outside while the nurse does the normal morning checkup. "Good morning Eleanor" she said walking out of the room and heading down the corridor.

"Good morning"

I walked into the room and walked over to Billies bedside table placing down the Taco Bell and kissing her forehead "Good morning Bil how are you feeling. I hope your doing okay" I grabbed her hand placing it in mine and just look at her "I really hope you wake up soon. I'm tired of these FaceTime calls every night" to clarify every day I leave the hospital with billies phone propped up while on charge and FaceTiming her before leaving.

Trust me the first night I didn't leave but the nurses had something to say about that so this was the conclusion they came to. Which I'm kinda not mad since I get sleep in my comfy bed but I kinda am because I'm not with her.

I spend most of my time here every morning getting her bean burritos just in case she wakes up then it's like a little reward for her.

I've started writing shit in a book that I would like to say to her and when she wakes up, Yes when because she will wake up, I'll give her the book. It still hasn't hit me that we are not dating anymore. Maybe if she woke up she would want to space. That's why I don't want to be all up in her business lying on her bed with her.

I have to go back into work tomorrow for the day so Finn said him or his parents will come and stay with her while I'm gone and will text me if there is anything new happenings.

I opened up the notebook and started writing whatever came to mind.

I don't wanna talk right now

I just wanna watch TV

So I don't have to watch you leave

I put on Survivor just to watch somebody suffer

Maybe I should get some sleep

What's the point of anything?

And I'll be in denial for at least a little while

What about the plans we made?

Maybe I'm the problem

Baby I'm the problem

I shut the book and put the book in the drawer. That's all I've been able to write right now. Either really sad shit or me confessing my love to her.

Maybe I will rip a couple of pages out. I don't think she needs to know everything. "Hey Finn" I said after he answered his phone.

"El. Is everything ok?" You could here the worry in his voice and Maggie's voice in the background.

"Everything's fine I just need a breather for a couple of hours and I don't want to leave billie alone just in case she wakes up"

Billie's POV

"I don't want to leave billie alone just in case she wakes up"

"Yeah thank you Finn I'll be here until you get here. Bye"

"I really miss you you know. Your annoying ass laugh and your humour. I know we haven't talked for a long while but I can't get you off my mind. 24/7. I mean now-a-days I'm way more worried about you but ever since we broke up I've been thinking about you, hoping your good"

"I'm so glad I got to save you yknow"

"If Finn called me telling me you were in hospital I would have driven down in a heartbeat even if that meant I wouldn't pass the course. I would do anything if that meant you would be safe and well" I felt a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey finn"

"You doing okay El?"

"I mean the best that I can just worried about Billie but according to the doctors she will wake up soon"

"Hopefully I miss that little bozo"

"Okay I'm gonna go" I felt a hand on mine "Bil I don't know whether you can hear me right now but I'm going for today. I'll be back before visiting hours are over so we can fall asleep together but Finns going to be here looking after you. I love you so much" she kissed my forehead again in the same spot

"Let me know if anything happens"

"Will do, see you later"

The door shut and I could hear footsteps walking over to me. I've heard everything from day one. People crying and telling me how much they miss me but I can't do anything. I can't move, I can't open my eyes nothing.

I felt my hand on someone else's "hey Bil. It's been a couple of days since ive visited. I know this isn't the right time but I met this girl. You would really like her. I'm thinking maybe one day you'll get to meet her. I know before dating anyone I need my sisters approval so the same thing stands."

"But anyway, They have a stupid rule here. Only one person allowed here at a time so El has been here most the time. She's took 2 weeks off work. she really loves you you know. I can tell she feels horrible about hurting you"

Finn's POV

"Please billie do something. I know that may sound stupid but I can't do this much longer. I don't want to admit it but I've been crying myself to sleep knowing that your here with no around and probably in pain if you can even feel it." I bent down to kiss her hand when I felt a little squeeze on my hand making me still up.

"Bil? Can you hear me? Just squeeze my hand. Lemme know your okay" she squeezed my hand again.

"Okay okay so I'm going to get a doctor" I pull my hand away wiping my eyes and practically running out of the room finding a nurse eventually. I told them a situation and started running back to the room.

As I turn around the corner I heard a monitor flatlining and I instantly felt bad  for their family. I mean a couple of hours ago I thought it was going to happen to us-

4 or 5 nurses surrounding billie while one of them was doing CPR. No.

-1185 words