S i x t e e n

28th may 2020

El's POV

Billie went home a couple of days ago because she didn't want to distract me in anyway. I didn't want her to go tho. So I may have packed a few things and started to get ready to leave. The plan is to leave at like 5am today so I get to her house about 8-9am and then not to come back until Monday so that's 5 days.

I said goodbye to Sam last night since I weren't gonna wake her up for basically nothing. I got the suitcase that I packed some clothes in and shut the door behind me quietly and got in the car a couple of minutes later.

I stopped at the nearest gas station and got some snacks because a bitch gets hungry and started the trek to billie's.

About halfway through she calls me like she always does since I would be  getting ready for class right now.

"Hey babyyyy" her voice echoed through my car making me so much happier knowing I'm going to be with her soon.

"Hey cutie, how did you sleep"

"Okay ig I slept better when I was next to you tho" I could hear her pout if that's even possible.

"Really? There's was 2 of us in a single"

"It was comfy"

"Yeah says the one who was on top of me most of the night"

"Don't act like you don't like it" as soon as she said that I can see her smirking.

"Okay whatever" I rolled my eyes and I know she knew that I did "I'm going to call you back after class. I just got to Taco Bell" I said and heard her sigh. When I'm telling you I had to fight everything in me not to give it away right there "I love you Bil"

"mhm bye" she mumbled before hanging up. What the actual fuck.

-

I finally got to billie's house, well her parents. I don't back out thanks to Sam with her pep talk. She's right. She's probably sad that I can't spend time talking to her. I took a deep breath in before knocking on the door to be greeted by Maggie.

"Hi Maggie it's so lovely seeing you" I said as we both went in for a hug.

"It's always lovely to see you too" she chuckled and pulled out of the hug "Billie and Finneas are in his bedroom recording stuff if you wanna see them, I'm guessing billie doesn't know you're here"

"Nope I wanted to surprise and thank you" I said before walking up to Finneas door before knocking

"Mom when have you ever felt the need to knock" billie called out and I knocked the door again. I could hear someone getting up stamping their feet which I knew it was billie. "You can come I-" she cut herself off as soon as she saw me "what the fuck are you doing here" she said hugging me but it didn't really sound like she wanted me here.

"I missed you so I thought I would come and spend the weekend with you" I started getting a bad feeling from the way she reacted "I mean if that's okay"

"Yeah umm sure I umm need- I'll be back now" she said practically running out of the room trying not to make eye contact with me. I was greeted with Finns worried eyes.

"She's just a little stressed that's all. We got given a deadline for the album and it's been stressing her out" he explained and brought me into a hug in efforts to comfort me.

Billie came back in and sat down getting ready to record again until Finn told her to spend some time with me and they can carry it on another time. I really feel like this was a bad idea now. She agreed hesitantly and invited me to come with her in her room. I walked in as she went to get some water and sat on her bed.

She walked in putting a Glass of water on the bedside table before sitting by her desk writing with her back turned towards me. I sat there in slight shock. She's barely said anything to me and know it's like I'm not even here.

I laid in her bed scrolling through TikTok with one of my earphones in giving her a couple of hours to work. Maybe at least then she will talk to me.

-

It's actually the next day and there was still nothing. It's like I'm her neighbour and our moms forced us to play together.
She didn't come to bed last night and is still in the same spot working. At this point she's going to overwork herself.

"Baby can I have a hug" I asked hoping that I could take her away from her desk for at least five minutes. She needs rest. But nothing. No response and not even any body movements except her hand that's writing in a book. "Billie" I spoke more sternly

"What!"

I was shocked. Clearly she doesn't want me to be here. "Take 5 minutes rest, you've been working all night"

"I can't I have a deadline to complete this" she spoke bluntly not even talking her eyes off the paper.

"You're going to overwork yourself if you carry on"

"Well atleast this shit would be done" she mumbled.

"Can you atleast take 5 minutes for me?" I asked. I know Billie and she would give up time to reassure me. Maybe that was old her.

"Not everything revolves around you Eleanor"she spoke so bluntly.

"It's like it's more important to do your work than spending 5 minutes with me" I mumbled as the anger/sadness starts starts building up in me, instantly regretting what as soon as I said it. With that she turns around. The first time I've seen her face in hours.

"Maybe you are right. Maybe my work is more important that you. Why did you even come here" she snapped and turned back around picking up her pencil. I'm so done.

I grabbed my phone and car keys heading out of her bedroom and saying goodbye to Finn and Maggie before getting in my car and driving back to uni. Before you say oh your over reacting, she's barely said anything or been near me in a day.

I started to drive back when Finn called so I accepted "hey I'm so sorry to bother you cause I know your probably driving right now but what happened" he asked clearly worried and in the background I could hear Billie sobbing and sounds of stuff being thrown.

"It's over Finn. I'm done" I spoke but it barely came out as a whisper as I choked on the words making it a reality. Not only have I lost the someone i love but also the outlet that I would use to cope.

"She's just really stressed right now. I can tell she already regrets whatever happened"

"she said her work is more important than me Finneas. I understand completely that she wants to make everyone happy and it's like choosing her music which makes thousands of people happy or me which is just one person but she didn't even come to bed last night" I explained with tears rolling down my face as I pull over on the highway "the only thing she had said to me was what she said in front of you. Her love language is touch, right? And even when she was stressed before about tour there was only a couple of times where she wanted to be alone. I just think we both need space right now" I started drying my eyes and carrying on driving.

"Baby please im so-" as soon as i heard her voice I hung up. As much as i have so much love for her I really can't just go back at least not straight away.

-1361 words