²⁴

Door 24

CHRISTMAS IN A SPECIAL WAY

Max opens his eyes with a huge grin. "Wake up Percy!" He screams and jumps up and down on the bed. "What?" Charles asks tired. "It's Christmas!" Shouts the little Dutchman. Immediately his boyfriend opens his eyes too and stares at the other one.

The two children are running down the hallway and than down the stairs into the kitchen. All the way to the room they hold hands. It's a very cute gesture since Charles is a bit scared of stairs because he once fell down one and Max recognized it. Charles didn't even had to tell him.

"Emi, wait!" The Monegasque laughs and tries to catch up to his childhood enemy. Max just giggles happily and runs around the Christmas tree.

There Danny and some other kids sit. "Guys, what ice cream would you be?" Asks the Australian. "Vanilla." Oscar grins. "Vanilla? You basic baby. I'd be pistachio." Lando answers. "Yeah, 'cause no one likes you." Oscar defends himself, offended by Landos words. The kids start to laugh and Logan agrees "Ain't nobody like pistachio." They laugh more and Lando asks "Why does that apply to my life so well?"

"I think Max would be strawberry because he's so fruity with Charles." Danny giggles. "Because he's beeping gay?" Lando laughs even more. "Nah, he'd have the rainbow sprinkles on top." Oscar adds and they all laugh so much that they can't breathe properly anymore.

"Come on kiddos, it's time to decorate the Christmas tree!" Jenson yells and everyone gathers in the living room. In 2 huge boxes is the decoration. The kids look inside with big interest. The lights already hang in the tree.

"Are we gonna put up some tinsel?" Nando asks and Michael shakes his head. "Too ugly for our beautiful tree." Kimi grumbles. "Sorry, sorry, I thought that maybe something has changed." The Spaniard mumbles. In the Häkkinen-Schumacher household never ever tinsel hangs in the tree. It's bad for the environment and to be fair, doesn't look that great.

"But we have red Christmas baubles. Not made out of glass tho. The cats, Roscoe and Angie would destroy them. They're made out of plastic." Kimi nods towards the box. Nando nods and takes one in his hand. "Looks very real." He smiles.

They start to decorate it. The Christmas baubles, tinsel, a garland with more baubles and a Scandinavian, Nordic and Germanic tradition called straw stars. Straw stars are stares and flakes made out of straw. The normal straw that horses eat. They are mostly handmade and hold together with red, golden or silver bands.

But they also hang into the tree little trees, sleighs, presents and angles made out of wood. And of course, a moose. They know from the past that Kevin cries as long as there isn't a moose in the tree. It's the only thing where he wouldn't do what Mika or Michael says to him.

In the afternoon, they go to a Christmas service. The children look incredibly cute in their little shirts and suits. They listen carefully and attentively to the Christmas story about Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem. Daniel learns, that both of his first names are out of the bible. He goes home very proud.

But of course, the best thing is the gift-giving. Every driver gets something for them personally very important. The kids immediately start playing with the toys and other things they got while the parents thank each other first and wish eachother a marry Christmas. Hulk quietly sings a Christmas song to Kevin that he sings the Dane every year.

O du fröhliche, o du selige
Gnadenbringende Weihnachtszeit!
Welt ging verloren
Christ ist geboren
Freue, freue dich, o Christenheit!

Michael, Romain, Ralf, Nico, Pascal and Seb look at eachother. They all know the Christmas carol. So they sing too.

O du fröhliche, o du selige
Gnadenbringende Weihnachtszeit!
Christ ist erschienen
Uns zu versühnen
Freue, freue dich, o Christenheit!

O du fröhliche, o du selige
Gnadenbringende Weihnachtszeit!
Himmlische Heere
Jauchzen dir Ehre
Freue, freue dich, o Christenheit!

❄️~~~~~~~~❄️

Well, that's it I guess. Last chapter 😔

I actually celebrate Christmas on 25th of December so yeah. It's stupid tho. All my relatives are Finnish, Danish, German or Polish. Anyways,

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY STROOPWAFEL ARMY

I LOVE YOU ALL 🎄❤️❤️