-ACT ONE-

-DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR-

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

     Her blade cut through the blonde girl's hair with ease. It falls to the ground feather-like, right before a searing pain shoots through her arm and rib cage. She hisses, stumbling back from the scene and looking at the perpetrator.

     Annabeth Chase looks at her friend with burning rage. "Didn't know I was due for a haircut," she spits.

     "You had a lot of split ends, figured I should help you out."

     The raven-haired girl dodges a loose blow, watching as Annabeth's grip on the hilt of her sword begins to falter. Taking advantage, she advances and slices at the opposing blade, knocking it out of the girl's hand.

     Annabeth quickly pulls the dagger from her ankle.
     "When did you start playing so dirty?" She questions.

     "It's called skill," The other counters, "You could learn a thing or two right about now."

     And although she's only dagger-clad, bloody, and bruised, Annabeth still puts up a fight. She swings her blade with a little more precision, catching her friend on her shoulder and watching as she bites back the pain.

     If there was one thing the young warrior wouldn't do, it would be showing any sign of weakness. In any battle, duel, or the like that she's been in, she refrained from showing any ounce of pain, remorse, sympathy, hurt.

     Letting your guard is what gets you killed, she thought, it sets you up for imminent failure. She couldn't fail.

     Annabeth takes another swing, this time being blocked and taking another cut at her ribs. In the blink of an eye, her dagger was flipped through the air. It lands with a thud behind her, and the sharp tip of a blade is pointed right at her throat. The eyes behind it are daring, wishing for her to make another move and only humiliate herself further.

     The blonde-haired girl raises her hands in surrender, letting out a huff when the sword is drawn back and placed safely in its sheath.

     Her friend grins. "Don't take it too hard, Annie. I'm sure you'll beat me one of these days."

     "Yea," she rolls her eyes, "One of these days."

     From afar, a blond boy watches proudly at the success of his dearest friend. Being close with both her and Annabeth forced him to stay neutral when around them, but it didn't deter him from choosing a side when he wasn't in their atmosphere.