Chapter 5: The Echidna that Yelled Jackal

Start from the beginning

"Really! But when we rescued you from the Death Egg, you seemed normal."

"Well yeah. I couldn't let those bad guys win and let down my family, so listen closely, okay," he nodded his head. "I will say this as much as I need to. Nothing bad is going to happen to me. I'm not going to be captured or be killed, not again."

"But you can't guarantee that."

"I know. That's why if and I mean a big IF, if it happens again, I want you to stay strong and bring me home, okay? Can you do that for me?"

He looked worried for a moment. Did I go too far? I did, didn't I? I'm glad I'm not wearing that helmet thing. But while I was having an internal panic attack, Tails soon smiled with bravery and strength in his eyes.

"Yeah. Yeah, I can do that. But let's not have a repeat of last time." he joked lightly.

I smiled and walked back to my seat." Haha, please like that would happen again. We kicked that psycho jackal's butt, and I would do it again. Plus, even if he came back, he would be powerless without the Phantom Ruby, which is gone." I replied as I leaned back in my chair, resting my feet on the table.

"Sonic, put your feet down, you could fall," he said as he went to go tinker with the mind-reading device. We should give it a name.
[Like seriously, any suggestions]

"Please, I'm not going to fall."

"BOOM"

"waaah! Ooof."

"Told you so!"

I land on my back while still in the chair, though its legs are snapped in half.

I heard a disappointed sigh from Tails and something about just buying it and a broken door.

"Uhh, why is Sonic on the floor? Never mind, I have something important."

"Aww, don't you care about me," I said dramatically as I immediately stood up.

"Shut up Sonic. I don't want to deal with your childish antics right now."

I'll do it just once. "No hey or how are ya?"

"Grrr! What did I just say? Sonic, if you don't shut up, I'll make sure you can never talk again."

Woah, what got him on edge? He usually doesn't put in a threat this quick.

"Alright. So what brought you here? It's a long flight here."

"And why didn't you call on your watch? My little buddy asked, walking closer to Knucks.

I could have sworn I saw Steam come out of Knuckles's head.

"That's what I'm trying to tell you! I received a vision from Master Emerald!"

Me and Tails both winced, covering our ears from the yell of the century. Once we were able to recover what he said, finally settled in.

"Knuckles, what did you see?" Tails asked as he guided Knuckles into the house and the living room.

I went to follow them, but before I did, I put the door back in place. For the most part. I enter the small living room to see Knuckles pacing in front of the TV while Tails sits on the couch. Worry covered his face as he saw his friend's distraught expression.

"Knuckles, don't you want something to eat or drink?" Tails asked.

He went to stand up, but Knuckles just waved him off.

"No, I'm fine. I- I just need to gather my thoughts."

I sat next to Tails. "Yeesh he looks terrible," I whispered to Tails.