What if...they ended up together

Magsimula sa umpisa

A few minutes later a doctor came by, "Lily Jacobson?" Hayden stood up. "Your wife was in a car accident. She as well as another gentleman were rushed to this hospital. His injuries aren't as severe as hers. She had a severe head injury as well as multiple broken bones. She was rushed into surgery but a couple of minutes in her heart started to fail. We did everything we could. I'm so sorry for your loss."

Hayden couldn't believe it, she took a seat on the chair. How did this happen? Who was she with? She was crying, she just lost a woman she loved. The mother of her kids. She was panicking, she needed to calm down. "Can I see her and him?" The doctor nodded. "I need someone to watch my kids if that's okay."

The doctor accompanied her to the room in which Lily was in. Hayden lost her breath. Lily still had the breathing tube in her mouth. She didn't look like herself. She had bruises all over, her head was wrapped in gauze, this was not lily. Hayden touched her head, "I'll take care of the kids babe, don't worry. They will be fine. Thank you for the years we had together." She then kissed her head, wiping away the tears falling from her eyes. It's crazy how everything changes in an instant.

She walked out of the room and the doctor proceeded to walk her to the room where the man was in. When Hayden walked into the room the man looked at her with panic in his face. "I'm not sure if they told you but Lily passed away." The man nodded. "How did you know my wife?"

The man looked like he was contemplating on telling her. "We had been seeing each other for a while now. She had reached out to me when she was out one day and she said that you guys were getting a divorce so I approached her. I'm sorry."

Hayden nodded and walked away. There was nothing she could do now. She had kids to take care of and a funeral to plan, so she made her way back home with her kids.

A week later Hayden was in Amelias room dressing her up in a black dress. Luke had already been ready to go and was sleeping again. Hayden herself was just missing her shirt but she waiting to put in on until the kids were ready to go just in case. She had tear falling from her eyes. Hayden was broken hearted. Her kids didn't deserve this and frankly neither did she.

They made their way to the cemetery, Lily's family already there with Haydens mom. She walked up to them and said hi, giving them each a hug. She looked around to see who else was there and a certain blonde caught her eyes. What was Taylor doing here?

The funeral was beautiful, Hayden spoke beautifully of Lily. She was making her way back to her car when she heard someone speak, "Hayden wait!" She knew that voice all too well, it was Taylor. Hayden stopped pushing the stroller and looked back at her. "Hi Taylor."

Taylor gave her a hug as well as greeting the kids with a kiss to the head. "I'm sorry that you are going through this. You know that I'm here if you need anything. Please call me if you need anything. You don't have to do this alone, I hope you know that."

Hayden gives her a weak smile, "thank you Taylor, I appreciate it. Would you like to have dinner with us at home?" Hayden only did this because she needed to talk to someone. She didn't really have anyone anymore and she knew she could count on Taylor. "Sure. I'll meet you guys there."

They were both sitting at the dining table, both the kids were already in bed. "She was cheating on me" Hayden said. "She had been cheating on me for months and I never saw it. She was with him that day." Taylor stopped eating, listening intently to what Hayden was saying. "She had been acting weird for weeks but I didn't want it to be true. I told her that day I was going to divorce her and take the kids. She had stopped caring for them weeks before." Taylor took Haydens hand on hers, rubbing it softly. "She threw the fact that I wasn't biologically related to the kids in my face. That really fucking hurt, you don't even know."