"We don't know what else was troubling her so I can't say for sure. "

"She literally left me at sixteen to fend for myself. I slept in shelters, got chased away by people who I thought were family but family didn't matter in my case." Tears pooled in Cheyenne's eyes as she recalled her life after her mother passed.

Day after day she slept in a shelter when she had family who had an extra bed and food her. It wasn't until she met Khalil, that life became a tad bit better.

She continued, "How could you as a mother decide to take your own life and leaving your own child behind to the cruelty of this world.  I was hurt too. I was healing too. I also lost the people I loved. She wasn't hurting alone."

"People deal with grieve differently and I am certain that's what happened with your mother. I'm sorry you had to go through that. Do you sometimes have suicidal thoughts?". Celine inquired.

Chey softly shook her head, " no I don't.  I have children to live for. I am just insecure about being good enough for them."

"That's a valid reason which is one we will work on as the days pass."

As Cheyenne opened up about her fears, regrets, and the love she held for her twins, the room transformed into a sanctuary of shared vulnerability. In the heart of this therapeutic journey, Cheyenne and Dr. Celine embarked on a path toward healing, resilience, and the promise of a brighter future where Cheyenne could become the mother she had always wished to be, guided by the love and memory of those she had lost.

₰₰

The DeLuca residence buzzed with an unusual energy, an atmosphere of relief and celebration that seemed to fill every nook and cranny. Angelo, who had recently emerged from a harrowing ordeal that left him in a coma with five bullet wounds, was back home. The family had rallied around him, their bond strengthened by the near-tragic incident.

"This one looks like me!". He exclaimed holding on to Rumi who was relaxed in his arms, "and I told y'all I'm getting a niece first."

"Rome come out first. Cheyenne didn't know she was having twins until that day....". Eden trailed off, not wanting to trigger Angelo.

"What day? The day I got shot? ". He questioned, eyes fixated on his mother. Eden nodded her head.  Angelo still wanted to know who shot at him but his family wasn't budging. He wanted revenge.  He wasn't the type to let things easily go, especially concerning him

The security system loudly beeped indicating a guest and then stopped a second later. Cheyenne walked in with a box of sweet treats from Àine's bakery.

"You are back Chey! How was it?" A grin was plastered on Erin's thick lips as she stood and meeting Cheyenne halfway.  She gave her a warm embrace and returned to her seat with her besides her.

"It was... good, I guess". She shrugged. She took in the scene in front of her. Angelo was holding on to Rumi and Rome was asleep nearby.

"Would you go back?". Eden inquired.

"Yes I would." She nodded her head.

"That's good. I'm glad you are taking steps to being better. You deserve it. " The two ladies shared a smile.

Foot steps interrupted Cheyenne's next train of thought. She glanced up and her eyes squinted in confusion. Among the gathering was Corine. Corine, a woman she had never met, stood amidst the jubilant family reunion.

"Oh hey sweetie. I'm Cori." Cori held out her hand. On her wrist was an expensive diamond tennis bracelet and a gold Cartier watch. Her nails were perfectly and neatly coated in a nude pink gel and were a tapered square shape.