Encounter

Sultana's POV

After, a week, I was discharged from the hospital. My parents never let me set my feet out of my house alone. They drove me to school, to church, stopped my fellowship and bought clothes for me themselves. It got really annoying.

Like what a sane 14 year old girl, I tried my best to escape the new prison that I call home, but, I felt a strong conviction by the Holy Spirit to stay. Then, the time came. Dad was admitted in the hospital for some reason. Mother had to stay with him. I was still confined in the house, left with Joe who was treating me like I was a helpless two year old without feet. Okay, okay, I went a bit too far.

So, Joe had a 'very important' phone call by his 'friend'. He practically turned red when he discovered that I could hear their conversation. Joe, being in his final year in college and 18 years old, has a few female friends. I never really liked one especially. She's beautiful. Has a beautiful name, Aurora, a rich family........ you could go on and on about her perfect life, but, I never felt safe around her. I kinda stole a glance of her picture on Joe's phone's wallpaper. She looks like this ⬇️⬇️

With my just recovering head, I couldn't think too much about where John was heading to when he mumbled an excuse and left the house

With my just recovering head, I couldn't think too much about where John was heading to when he mumbled an excuse and left the house. I literally shouted; "Yay! Thank you Jesus!"

It was a Wednesday and there was a mid-week service at my fellowship. Though, I was already thirty minutes later but it's better late than never.

I wore a dark blue dress and some red flat shoes and took a red purse. I was about to stop another tricycle (keke) when a familiar lady in a beautiful dark blue VENZA stopped by me. I recognized her at once. She was the one that tried to pull me out of the tricycle before the truck hit the tricycle.

"Hello, dear. It's nice seeing you in one piece. I knew that we'd cross paths again. I hope you are fine."she said with a smile. She smelt of chocolate milk.

"Good evening ma. I'm fine thank you ma. Thank you very much ma for paying my hospital bills that day." I said with a curtsey.

"No problem dear. So, where are you going to? I'll drop you off there."

I described the area of my fellowship.

"Get in. I'll take you there."she said kindly.

I didn't hesitate. I preferred a car to another 'keke'

"Thank you ma."I said as I opened the door and entered into the car. I was greeted by the air conditioner, a soothing gospel music (she's definitely a Christian. I felt it.) and a stronger waft of chocolate milk.

My phone vibrated nuti ignored it.

She engaged me in a small conversation.

"How old are you?"she said as she drove.

"I'm fourteen ma."

"Good. You should be in SS2 now or Year 11. Whatever you may call it."

"Yes ma."