2 invested 4 greetings

Start from the beginning

What the hell is going on?

"We're not late, right?" She speaks.

"No." Why am I almost intimidated by my own sister?

Pony and Johnny high-five and cheer, "we're so good." Johnny cooes.

"What did you do?" Soda questions.

"We helped with their outfits." Pony smiles.

They can style my sister and her boyfriend but not themselves?

They come and sit down, the conversations pick back up.

"So we have been thinking about playing like games and stuff tonight. So we could all hang out and stuff." Mrs. Cade suggest.

"Like, a game night?" Johnny smiles.

"Yeah." Mrs. Curtis suggests.

"Sounds fun." I answer.

"Yeah, I'm excited, especially now that we're gonna be one big family." She smiles.

"I've always wanted more family." Mrs. Cade admits.

"Me too." Her husband nods.

It goes kinda quiet like some of us know something  some of us don't? I wanna be nosy but thats probably not right in this situation, I mean it is family business. But we're a family...

"I'm sorry, Ella." My mom apologizing for something? I'm a little too invested now.

"It's fine, it was like forever ago." She waves it off.

"It was only four years ago." Mr. Cade reminds.

"Oh, of course I didn't know that. Of course." She smiles, but her face looks sad. I feel bad for Mrs. Cade I don't know much about Johnny, but I don't think he's had the best home life.

"You know it's okay to talk about it? Nobody's gonna judge you." Mrs. Curtis is an angel. I never get how sweet she is sometimes.

"I don't even know where to start though? I genuinely missed all it, it was like a movie, but I left after the b-"

"You're talking about me."

Please don't cry Johnny. I'm just tryna eat my dinner man.

"My life's the it you missed it all because of your own problems."

"Andie." His dad speaks.

"What? Mrs. Curtis said we can talk."

"Well, time doesn't go backwards. We gots to keep pushing. Take what you got and make something with it." Dammit, Mama! We were almost there!

"We don't have anything." And just like that Johnny and Mrs. Cade are both crying.

"Actually it's terrible. I don't know his favorite color, his favorite food, I don't know what middle or elementary school he went to, I don't know his full name, I barely remember his birthday on a good day, I don't even know how old he is?" Her husband just sits here and holds her. Damn, this is really going down.

"You don't even know me. Who am I to you just some kid who kicks around at your house?.. Or am I just another stranger on the street? If there was a line of twenty other boys named Johnny you wouldn't even know which Johnny is yours. Hear that? Yours. I'm your son and you don't even know who the hell I am." He leans back in his chair with a huff.