Daenaera shyly looked over at Daemon, who had come forth to stand by her. He lowered her dress skirt for her and took her hand, helping her to sit up.

It seemed Maester Halsin's suspicions were right and he looked all the more fearful. "...Please, my prince...This is treason," He whispered frightfully. "We must take Daenaera to the King—"

"Choose your next words carefully, Maester," Daemon warned darkly.

The Maester gulped fearfully. His eyes looking between the young Princess and the Lord Hand. "I cannot say for certain, my Prince," He admitted. "If it's alright with the Princess...I'd like to run further tests. Simple ones, nothing to worry about, I assure you."

Daemon slowly turned to look at Daenaera, as he kept his hand on her stomach. It was the moment of truth, at last. He let out a loud and long sigh, palming her stomach while pulling her closer to him.

Daenaera tried to avoid the Maester's gaze. She looked fearful herself, but for other reasons. And it seemed the only consolation she could get was Daemon's.

She felt some hope inside her heart, and some fear. That was normal.

"Do you have a first idea? An opinion? Even a thought? Anything you can tell us?" Daemon questioned.

"What sorts of tests?" Daenaera finally spoke up, as that was one fear of many for her. "Will it hurt?" She looked at Daemon.

He gently kissed Daenaera's forehead and caressed her hair. "You will be fine, my love." Daemon said in a comforting tone. "I'm sure it is a simple test... but if it makes you feel better..." Daemon's hands went to Daenaera's cheeks, so he could make her look at him. He wanted to see her eyes, when he said this next part. "I will be there, by your side, the whole time."

The relief flooded in her gaze, and she nodded softly.

He stared back down at her intensely. Still caressing her cheek. "Leave us," He ordered the Maester, not looking his way.

The Maester couldn't have left faster.

With him gone, Daemon turned to Daenaera with a heavy sigh and placed his palms on her shoulders. His eyes softening at her. "I am sorry for the pain, my love. But this is important. This is our lives, little dragon." Daemon said as he raised both hands to Daenaera's cheeks.

Daenaera seemed to be staring at his chest but not really there. Her eyes were a bit wide and she looked so filled with a dawning fear.

Everything, all at once, was know dawning on her.

The severity of their situation.

"What will my Father do?" Daenaera asked fearfully, raising her scared eyes to him. "My mother? Rhaenyra? None of this is okay—Rhaenyra will kill me if I am with your child."

"Shh, shh." He shook his head and brought her into his embrace, hugging her comfortingly while caressing her hair. "Do not think about your father, or Rhaenyra, or anyone else. Think about us. I am with you, and no one can touch you. You are safe, my love. Nothing and no one will be able to hurt you. Not while you are with me," He said in a comforting tone.

Daenaera eyes welled with tears. Her hands were gripping the back of his tunic, desperately. "And if I am not with you?" She asked in a whimper. "What if the King comes and demands to take me away from you?"