"HEY!" 

"DROP HIM!"

"WHAT ARE YOU?!" 

"BASTARD!"

"LET HIM GO!" 

"WANT TO DIE?!"

...

"If I hadn't used 'Hunt', I would've let you be." The person then chuckled-

-then punched him in his stomach.

The fist pierced through his body, splattering guts and blood all over the place. Red meat-like tendrils emerged from the person and in just a few seconds, he was gone. No trace of his body on the floor, only blood.

He was consumed.

"D-DEMON!"

The sounds of gunfire echoed throughout the area, disturbing the sleeping wildlife within the forest. The boy hastily returned to his previous hiding spot to protect the girl. She covered her furry ears on top of her head and let out a silent wail.

On the outside, screams of pain and fear were heard from their pursuers that were getting picked off one by one. The person slashed--and slashed--and slashed, until... it became quiet.

The duo slowly got up from their hiding spot, walked towards the exit, and peeked out.

Blood. 

Blood stained the area that was once filled with the lively chatter of their pursuers. The boy, gagging at the brutal sight, felt a rush of relief when seeing them dead on the ground. He couldn't afford to relax however, since there were two more persons standing at the center of it all.

They both looked at the shed--their faces covered by the shadows from their bloodstained hoods. One of them raised their left hand, signaling them.

"You can come out now," he cried out. "We don't mean any harm."

The boy, thinking that there's no other option, decided to take a step outside towards the two mysterious people that saved them--but was suddenly stopped by the girl. He knew that he couldn't just leave her here, so he grabs her arm and carries her towards the two.

The two opposite sides stare down at each other with suspicion. After all, a guy murdering a entire group of armed men without receiving a single scratch would not not be suspicious, right? Was he from one of the guilds setup at the nearby towns? Liresa? Palivar? Or maybe even Firestorm?

"You guys alright?" The man asked as he walked towards the two. "Is she injured? Can she walk?"

"S-She broke her foot."

"Where did you come from? Were they..."

"Yes... th-they took us from our houses and--"

The man suddenly turned around, walked towards his other companion, and whispered to them. The boy obviously didn't hear what he said. His friend did though--and she heard it loud and clear from a distance.

"Go fuck 'em up, will ya?"

The other person then sped off to the direction where the duo previously came from and disappeared.

...

"Do you think he's... bad?" The boy asked the girl.

"I... I don't... I don't know."

After his companion left, he then returned in front of them and asked some questions. 

"What's your name kid?