There isn't much I can do seeing as how I have my own secrets and fears. If only I could trust him as much as he has trusted me, but I fear my deeds might make him look at me different in the end.

Astarion clears his throat and looks down at his boot, "You all go on ahead. I will catch up."

"Are you sure?" Karlach asks, "I don't mind waiting."

"I don't want to slow us down any further. I just seem to have something stuck." He gestures.

When I don't move he moves to shoo me away, "Go on, my dear. I'm right behind you."

I exhale, "Alright."

As I turn to follow Karlach something sticks in my chest, I can hear the subtle footfalls of his boots moving father and father away. Quickly, I attune myself to sound of the birds and listen to the sounds of water. I turn and notice a winding path just off a ledge leading down south.

"Dammit." I grit my teeth and run towards the ledge, dropping down onto the path.

Astarion turns, brandishing his dagger.

"What in the Seven Hells do you think you are doing?" There's a lilt to his voice as he stares me down.

"Careful, I'm beginning to think of this as foreplay." I nod towards the dagger.

He replaces it in it's sheath, "I told you to go on."

The winding path seems familiar, I remember it from a map of the area. He's going towards the Sunlit Wetlands. From then everything clicks into place.

"You were going to take out the Gur." I fold my arms across my chest.

"How do you know about the Gur?" The look of shock on his face is priceless.

"As subtle as you think this is," I gesture between us, "Zevlor did pull me aside to warn me this morning. I'm glad that he did seeing how you were going to do something stupid."

Astarion snarls at me, "I don't see how you have the right to be angry with me. I am doing this to protect you."

"What exactly do you feel you're protecting me from? You were just going to leave and possibly be captured or killed without me ever knowing?" I suck in a breath, my thoughts returning to this morning, "You were kissing me goodbye. You asshole."

He blinks at me, opening his mouth then closing it again.

"I won't let you do any of this alone, Astarion." I walk towards him, "From now on you don't get make my decisions for me."

He huffs out a breath, "Serves me right to fall in love with such a stubborn foolish little thing such as yourself."

I fight the smile pulling at my lips, "I love you too."

"Come on." He growls.

I follow closely as we continue down the winding path until we reach a rickety bridge leading off to a bright lush green valley. It feels every bit at odd with the name of the Sunlit Wetlands.

As I step forward I can feel magic tugging at my legs, weighing me down. This isn't right. There is some enchantment in place keeping us from seeing things as they really are. I look over to Astarion, watching him look around with the same distrust that I feel.

"What is that?" He asks, "I feel like my mind is playing tricks on me."

I close my eyes and focus upon the magic, finding it splitting through the ground like a thread. I tug at it with my thoughts and feel lighter immediately. Upon opening my eyes, the enchantment falls away revealing broken bridges over putrid waters with gangly trees sprouting and being choked by their own undergrowth.