Shot to the Heart

Sabrina walked down to the school archery field with a pep in her step, Daring at her side. Today in one of their hero classes, they were going to be joining the Grimmnastics class (aka the watered down version of hero training that all the people who weren't royalty had to take) in a group archery lesson. Sabrina was happy, because she had picked up archery during a trip to Scotland, and was very good at it. Daring was happy because she was happy.

"So, how good do you think the Grimmnastics team is?", she asked Daring as they marched closer to a line of targets situated in the middle of the Bookball stadium. Daring scoffed.

"Not very, at least not at archery. The only ones I can think of that stand out are Hunter Huntsman and Sparrow Hood.", Daring said, and Sabrina started laughing.

"Who-who names their child 'Hunter Huntsman'? Like, no offense to him or anything, but it sounds like his parents hate him almost as much as Good-Enough's.", Sabrina joked. Daring chuckled.

"Yes, it would seem that way. But jokes aside, Hunter is no slouch when it comes to archery, being the son of the Huntsman from Little Red Riding Hood. Neither is Sparrow, as expected from the son of Robin Hood.", Daring went on, and Sabrina's interest was piqued when she heard who Sparrow was.

'Son of Robin Hood, huh? He's all about helping the oppressed. Maybe I can get some support from Sparrow for my plan. Having an ace archer is always a plus, and if his son joins the fray, perhaps Robin Hood himself will be willing to provide help as well.', Sabrina thought, and Daring smirked at the familiar expression on her face.

"You look like you're scheming.", he jabbed playfully. Sabrina smirked as they got closer to the archery range.

"That's because I am. I'm going to need you to introduce me to Sparrow and Hunter. The support of Sparrow and his family may be vital to our goals.", she whispered to him hurriedly. Daring nodded, and as they crept closer to the Grimmnastics students sitting in the bleachers, he veered off from his fellow classmates and towards a pair of boys who were sitting alone in a corner. Sabrina followed after Daring, having an idea as to who the boys were.

"Hunter, Sparrow! How have you been?", Daring asked with his usual wide, charming grin. Sabrina took in the appearance of the two boys in front of her.

They both wore quite a bit of green. The first of the two had short chestnut brown hair, with one side of his head shaved. He wore a sleeveless hooded brown vest, and a long sleeve green camouflage t-shirt. He wore brown leather bracelets on his left wrist, white pants, and brown hunting boots. He definitely fit the bill of a hunter, and Sabrina assumed he was Hunter Huntsman.

The second one stood out to her much more. He had flaming red hair and olive green eyes. His skin was paler than Hunter's, and he had black stud piercings in both ears. He wore a gothic patterned black t-shirt, under a black leather vest with gold studs along the top. His pants were black, and he wore a black leather belt studded with gold. He wore combat boots, cuffed with gold and with golden buckles. His accessories, like the rest of his attire, were far from understated; he wore a green scarf around his neck, a dark green fedora with two red feathers clipped onto its black band with a golden arrow clip, and black fingerless gloves with gold fastenings. Even though Sabrina assumed he was Sparrow, he looked more like a rockstar than an outlaw. Sparrow grinned in response to Daring's words.

"Good, Charming. Been good.", Sparrow responded. Hunter nodded.

"Yeah, things haven't been too bad. What about you?", the brunette asked. Daring's smile widened.

"Better than usual, I must say.", he responded, and Sabrina, already tired of the pleasantries, tugged on Daring's jacket to get his attention. Daring felt the tug and let his smile drop slightly, knowing he had to cut to the chase.