Part 21 ~ Flower

Dream and George were standing in a large field of flowers.

It was a gorgeous sight, and the air was filled with a sweet and calming scent.

"This is a nice spot." Dream said as he took a deep breath.

George smiled slightly. "Yeah.." He said.

"So, you wanted to pick some flowers, right?" Dream asked.

"Yeah, I thought it could be fun." George said.

"Well, let's get started then." Dream said, and he started walking towards a large patch of flowers.

Dream started picking the flowers and then he put them in a small basket.

"You said you wanted to help?" He asked, and he turned towards George. "Would you like to start over there?"

George nodded and he went over to another patch of flowers.

It didn't take them very long, and they had collected enough flowers to fill the basket.

"Alright, I think we're good." Dream said, and he closed the basket and he stood up.

Dream stopped suddenly and he looked over at George.

"George.. Are you.. Um.. Is there something you wanted to say..?" He asked.

George seemed a bit confused for a moment, and then he nodded slowly. "Yes, actually.." He said.

"Oh?" Dream asked, and he stood up a little straighter.

"Well.. I, um.. I wanted to ask you if.." George started to say, and then he stopped and cleared his throat.

"I wanted to ask if." He started again. "If you would like to go out together."

Dream was silent for a moment and he seemed confused. "Out together?" He asked.

George didn't say anything and he looked nervous again, but he just nodded.

"You mean, like.. a date?" Dream asked.

"Yes." George said.

"Are you sure.. You don't mean as friends or..?" Dream asked again.

"No.." George said. "No, I mean, as more than friends..."

"Oh.. I see..." Dream said quietly, and then he looked away for a moment.

Dream didn't say anything, and he just stood there in silence.

He wasn't expecting this, and now he felt a little awkward.

"So.." George said again. "What do you think?"

"I, uh.." Dream started to say, and then he stopped.

He was silent for a moment again, and then he finally turned to face George again.

"Sure." He said, and then he smiled slightly. "Sure.. I would like that."

"Here." Dream said, and he took a pink flower and he put it behind George's ear.

"Thanks." George said softly, and he smiled.

"I guess we could.. Go back now, then." Dream said quietly.

George nodded.

They both started walking back in the direction of the palace, and George kept the flower behind his ear.

"So.. This is our first date, huh?" Dream said quietly.

"Yeah, it is." George said. "You look... nice."

Dream smiled slightly and he didn't say anything for a moment.

Then, he giggled quietly.

"What?" George asked.