Chapter 4 | In the wizard's room

When MothXian regained consciousness, he felt that he was lying on something soft and fragrant. He sat up and then realized that the bottom of the cage he was in was scattered with cherry blossoms and pale pink rose petals. He was speechless in shock and looked around. What he saw only surprised him even more. MothXian expected that when he opened his eyes, he would be in a dark place again. But instead, he was in a rather friendly, relatively nice room.

MothXian leaned languidly against the thin latticed wall of the cage, then began to look at the objects, furniture, and plants in the room

MothXian leaned languidly against the thin latticed wall of the cage, then began to look at the objects, furniture, and plants in the room. Some parts of the diamond-patterned glass windows were painted purple. On one side of the bookcase were old but still in good condition books, while on the other side mostly dried herbs and flowers stored in jars. Bouquets of dried lavender, sandalwood, and basil hung down from thin nails hammered into one of the shelves. On the huge wooden table, where the cage was also, towered a few thick, hundreds of pages of hard-bound, brown books. Next to the books were placed two purple crystal stones. The walls were not covered with paint or wallpaper, yet despite the gloomy grayness, it was not cold, but a pleasant temperature, and the air was filled with delicious forest scents. The floor was covered with a beautiful, patterned carpet. Long white burning candles in a standing candlestick gave light to the room. Based on the melted wax, MothXian knew that someone had recently lit them.

Although fatigue still prevented MothXian from escaping, he didn't mind it initially

Although fatigue still prevented MothXian from escaping, he didn't mind it initially. He began to feel that he didn't really want to leave his prison. Even though he was surrounded by bars, for the first time he felt truly safe and somewhat comfortable. The new place he ended up in, was finally different from where he had been for months; there were no blades on the table, no poisons in bottles, no bones on the floor, nor the smell of death wafting around him.

MothXian became curious. He wanted to know who lived in such a beautiful place.

-----------------------------

Thank you for reading! I hope you like it! 💙✨