Every detail of your presence under the winter sunset was etched into Taehyung's memory. In that moment, a rush of emotions surged through Taehyung's veins. His heart fluttered with a mix of admiration, affection, and an undeniable pull towards her.

' Damn , what's this sudden outburst. ' he thought to himself before answering her.

" Don't be thankful. It's my duty, to protect you. " his last words made you gaze into his eyes.

" As your higher authority. " he modified his words making you nod in agreement.

Little did you know, this unexpected mishap would be the catalyst for further profound between you both.

And it was just the beginning.

___________________

Few days before Christmas.

Piquant press, Minessota.

The annual Holiday party at your office was a sight to behold! The press was buzzing with excitement, capturing the festive mood in their cameras. The venue was adorned with twinkling lights, shimmering ornaments, and elegant decorations, creating a magical atmosphere.

The rooftop was transformed into a winter wonderland, with a grand Christmas tree standing tall in the center, beautifully decorated with sparkling baubles and a shining star on top. The tables were adorned with elegant tablecloths, glittering centerpieces, and flickering candles, adding a touch of warmth and elegance.

The air was filled with the delightful aroma of holiday treats, from freshly baked gingerbread cookies to decadent chocolate truffles. The sound of cheerful conversations and laughter echoed throughout the rooftop as colleagues and friends mingled, sharing stories and creating new memories.

The festive mood was enhanced by the lively music playing in the background, filling the room with joyful melodies and making it impossible to resist tapping one's feet or breaking into a spontaneous dance. From classic holiday tunes to upbeat pop hits, the playlist was carefully curated to keep everyone in high spirits.

The press captured every moment, from the heartfelt speeches to the contagious laughter shared among colleagues. The event was a true celebration of the holiday season, bringing together coworkers, as they embraced the spirit of joy, gratitude, and togetherness.

You couldn't help but feel grateful for being a part of such a vibrant and supportive work community. You mingled with colleagues and exchanged warm wishes.
You wore a sophisticated floor-length gown in a deep navy blue color. The dress has a timeless silhouette with a fitted bodice and a flowing skirt that cascades elegantly to the floor. The intricate beadwork and delicate lace detailing add a touch of glamour and refinement.

You were greeted by Jungkook, Yoongi and Namjoon, the bestest pals of Taehyung. They were friendly and overall kept you occupied.

" So Faye, how is the party going for you at this moment. " Jungkook questioned while taking a sip from the champagne glass.

" Its lovely. I love the festive get togethers. " You smiled in response.

" I've read a handful of your articles , it's amazing. Keep going. " Namjoon marks with a smile having you to thank him being delighted.

" Mmh. The chocolate fondue is amazing. " Jungkook frowned being overwhelmed by the taste. You chuckled.

" Please have fun to the fullest. Cheers to the night. " you held up your champagne glass wishing them and they returned the same.

You looked over Taehyung.  He's wearing a sleek black suit with a velvet blazer that adds a touch of elegance. The suit is tailored to perfection, highlighting his impeccable style. He held the whiskey glass while sharing a conversation with his other employees and friends.

" Bet he would be telling them about work here too. " Sarah spoke laughing. You giggled with her remark.

" Guess so. " You shrugged.

" But I'm not gonna lie, he looks perfect. Like a  husband material. So authentic, so cheesy and just freakin amazing. "

" Ahem, but I thought someone was mocking him with - ' Mr. Grumpy arrogant boss ' " you mocked.

" Bae, him looking handsome has nothing to do with his personality. I mean god wasted such a good sculpture on an arrogant man.  " she shrugged draining the champagne in her throat.

" Sarah, it's just that he's serious about work. " you spoke nonchalantly.

" Mmh. I can see you defending him now. Also why wouldn't you ? After all , he chose you as his substitute assistant. " she tugged your shoulder almost teasing.

" Just a substitute okay ? Mr. Shin would return after the holidays. " you explained.
Before she can exchange any other words. You saw Taehyung approaching you. You and Sarah bowed a little with gratitude.

" Season greetings, Mr. Kim " Sarah spoke.

" Happy holidays. " he spoke nodding at her. Sarah left you both alone to attend her call.

And now it was you and him.

" Season greetings, Ms. Faye,  you look absolutely ravishing tonight. The holiday spirit suits you pretty much. " His words convey admiration and respect, acknowledging your appearance formally.
A rush of blush flushes in your cheeks.

" Thank you, Mr. Kim. You look stunning as always. " you compliment.

" So, are you heading to your hometown tomorrow? " He inquired taking a sip of his whiskey.

" Yes , early in the morning, sir. "

" Great. Have fun. But do remember about the manuscript. You have to complete it by January and before the new year. Is that clear ? "

" Crystal clear, sir. Do not worry. " you assured.

" Lastly. Enjoy the holidays. " Eh clicked his whiskey glass with yours.

Throughout the night till midnight, the event was filled with laughter, joy, and a vibrant atmosphere. The employees danced to the lively music, indulged in delicious food, and even took some fun group photos together. As the night drew to a close, everyone reflected on the amazing time they had, grateful for the opportunity to celebrate and connect with each other.

❄️...