TWO

Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning, a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.

Your days were filled with a whirlwind of activities, from managing Taehyung's schedule and appointments to handling important correspondences and organizing meetings. This started ever since you were a substitute for Mr. Shin.

You twisted the door knob entering his office cabin with a cup of Americano. His eyes averts to you.

" Did you complete the manuscript which is to be issued in the month of January? " he asked.

Every month,  different literary books were released. It'd be a magazine or any piece of work. But thats what was special about Piquant. Every time , it has never failed to disappoint the readers. And the issue you were working on, might be the next Great American novel.

" I'm working upon it , Sir." you answered.

" what's the script about? " he inquired.

" It's all about you must be looking for, like holiday spirit, small town , cozy atmosphere and love-" 

" Ms. Faye. " you were cut off.

" Our readers do not care about all these typical things. I need something that will appeal to a wider base. We can't afford to waste the company time on something that only a few handful of people would read. The scope would be almost nil for your book. " he commanded with his optimistic nature. But it surely turned you down hearing his opinion.

" But Mr. Kim, there's always--" you were cut off again.

" I want you to quit wasting your time on this script. And go through the ideas that I've assigned you so. Understand? " and you couldn't protest to his tone. You nodded in agreement. Before either of you could speak you were interrupted by the door of his cabin opening revealing a man who was in his casuals, nearly his age but slightly younger than him. He was Taehyung's best friend the one and only bestest pal of his who frequently visited him. You passed him greet.

" Good Morning, Mr. Jeon."

" Faye. It's Jungkook for you. You need to chill and stop being formal. Remember this arrogant man is your boss not me. " he said while lingering his eyes over Taehyung. You chuckled a lil before nodding. You marched out to give them privacy.

" so what brings your here. " Taehyung asked leaning back on his chair glancing at Jungkook. He settles infront of him while his eyes fixed on his phone.

" I was wondering about the vacation plans. " Jungkook prompted.

" vacation? What kind of vacation? I've a pile of work to complete. There's this big work which has to be issued in the month of January. And I really need to dig into several manuscripts for choosing the best one. " Taehyung said.

" Seriously dude? What's a big deal. And c'mon tis' the holiday season. You need to go easy on work and with your employees. " Jungkook shrugged. Taehyung shook his head in denial.

" also..." Jungkook glanced away before speaking.

"... Isn't your ' Ms. Faye ' helping you with the work ? I mean, you love her writings so maybe she could help you with that. "

" This time her idea is really stupid. She has been too dreamy with her work now. She wants to publish a ' winter romance ' novel with no good background. It's just about some stupid small town with stupid holiday spirit and stupid love. " Taehyung blurted with annoyance.