Guilt-Ridden.

Zaria

I went on about my day pretending like last night didn't happen but me being me, I knew I wouldn't be able to let that moment between Kyle and I go.

After getting in the car, I told Irene what happened. The way Kyle took the lead and basically led me on to a "who's dick is bigger?" contest. She thought I was joking at first but quickly realized how serious I was when I didn't bother to crack a smile.

Her protective mode kicked in as she offered to end his career before it even starts. Before she could get ahead of herself, I reminded her how I'm just as, if not more, guilty than him. I chose to drink more than I could handle, I chose to entertain him and I chose to go into that room with him.

I led him on.

And because of the choices I made, him making a move on me was the consequence.

Coming home drunk, alone and emotional as hell had me miserable though. I cried myself to sleep then woke up hours later to a phone call from KJ. We've been talking for hours switching from different topics every once in a while.

I must admit, you wouldn't be able to catch us being this close back in the day. Maturity and distance has really made us closer.

"You think you'll be able to come to LA when we make it to the finals?" I ask while combing my hair.

"I don't know it's kinda hard to tell right now. Save two extra tickets for me and V just in case."

"Okay, I'll save one for you cause if ya girlfriend doesn't have her attitude together by that time, she's not gonna have a ticket."

"Please don't start that catty bullshit."

"I'm not starting nothing I'm just saying no one wants to deal with her during the most important games in the season."

I could hear a bit of commotion on the other side of the phone just as I finished my statement.

"Hey baby." I hear KJ speaking to Valeria.

"Hi."

I could hear a few more rustling noises and a loud smooch, making me frown in disgust.

"Who's on the phone?"

"Z."

"Hi Valeria!" I yell through the phone.

KJ relayed my greeting to her then returned to the phone to tell me she greeted me back. I knew he was lying though cause I didn't hear a peep.

"Stop lying. You know she didn't say shit."

"Man, I wish you two can be ladies instead of acting like little girls and put the bullshit aside."

I sensed an attitude in his tone and I couldn't even blame him. His girlfriend doesn't like his sister and he's stuck in the middle. I understand how frustrating that could be.

"I have no problem with her. Whatever issues she has with me is one sided, let's be clear." I speak up.

"As long as she remains friends with that pathetic bitch, tell her to keep my name out her mouth." Valeria snaps back.