Finals.

I feel so stupid. I forgot game 1 of the finals was actually in LA. 🫠 So technically Zaria could've went to Kevin's funeral and her man's game with no problems. 🤦🏾‍♀️ All that arguing for nothing smh. Well, I'm sure Allen didn't want her to go AT ALL cause y'know how men are. 🙄

Zaria

"You did so good Bubba." I tell Deuce as we exited towards the arrivals terminal at the airport.

We've just arrived in LA and by we I mean me, Deuce and my mother.

With tonight being the final game against the Lakers for the 2001 NBA championship title, the whole family decided to fly out and show our support for Allen and the team.

I was a bit hesitant about getting on the plane with my infant child for the first time, but to my surprise he did so good and remained calm throughout the entire flight.

Now my mother on the other hand.. that woman got on my last nerve.

Instead of letting everything flow with ease, she made sure she stayed in my ear with punctuality and organization. Then once we finally boarded the actual plane, she kept bugging me about my rest. Saying how she noticed I didn't sleep at all last night so I needed to squeeze a nap in so I could look presentable later.

I ignored her the entire time, choosing not to engage with her antics. Lord knows we would've been arguing in front of all those strangers if I didn't though.

"Can you hold him for me? I gotta call Allen and tell him we made it." I say while passing Deuce to her.

She gladly took him in her arms as I searched through my bag for my phone. After grabbing it and dialing Allen's number, I watched our personal driver as he placed our bags into the trunk while my mother took her time getting in the backseat of the black truck.

It's been about four days since the unexpected incident between Jodie and I. Allen and I didn't touch on the subject anymore after briefly talking about it. The timing hasn't been right with the intensity of the preparations for the Lakers. So instead of causing more distractions, I chose to leave him alone and lay low in the background.

Now is that the best way to go about things? No. Absolutely not. But as a wife of a professional athlete with half of the world on his back, I owe my husband a moment of peace and clarity as he faces the biggest moment in his career.

"Hello?" I hear Mecca's voice answer the phone.

Unfortunately that peace and clarity causes me to have to deal with more bullshit.

"Hey, I'm guessing he's still not available since you're answering his phone again."

"He at the team meeting right now."

This is the third time that this has happened today. I call Allen's phone and either Fimel or Mecca picks up with an excuse. I'm getting fed up at this point but instead of making the situation about myself, I took the higher road.

"Can you tell him I called? We just landed and now we're getting in the truck he sent us."

"I got you." Mecca responded.