Eroding Trust.

Zaria

Despite my somber mood, I couldn't suppress my grin while watching Allen gyrate his shoulders as he entertained our son. He was vibing to some unreleased Jadakiss songs that the rapper gifted to him himself. Allen may have been a world-class athlete, but a dancer, he was not.

I realized there was no reason for me to feel guilty, but that awful culprit was creeping up on me as I contemplated broaching the topic of finding unsaved numbers in Allen's phone. He was in such high spirits so I didn't want to ruin it even though I had every right in the world to be angry with him. I also thought about Jackie's admonitions about letting the guys have their concentration.

But ever since the playoffs had begun, it had become increasingly difficult for me to hold my tongue.

"I really think we have a chance to do it this year." Allen beamed as he pulled his lips away from Deuce's tight grasp.

"Really?" I unenthusiastically said while stuffing more clothes into Deuce's overnight bag.

Allen's mother decided she wanted to watch baby boy for a few days. I didn't complain, this young mama needed a break.

"Hell yeah. One round down and three more to go. It's gonna be tough but when we get by Toronto, that championship title is as good as ours."

"I hope you guys do it this year." I said lowly.

"You've always been supportive through it all and I appreciate that, more than you'll ever know." Allen says.

Now he was making it extra hard on me. Why did he have to be so sweet to me when I wanted to curse him out? I ignored that statement and continued packing.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, your dad called the other day."

"What he talking about?"

"Nothing much. He had just finished watching the game and he was excited that you all were going to advance to the next round."

"He probably wanna come to town when the Bucks series begin. I think that old man likes to see Ray Allen play more than his own son. I guess that means we need to check on some flights for him." Allen says while holding Deuce up in the air.

"You mean you want me to check on some flights?" I ask over Deuce's cute little baby squeals.

"Would you mind, baby?" Allen asked right before attacking Deuce's cheeks with kisses.

The room continues to fill with our son's joyful babbles mixed with Allen's playful kissy noises.

I took a minute to catch my attitude but fell thirty seconds short.

"No, I wouldn't mind. But are you gonna be able to spend any time with him when he comes?"

Allen stops what he's doing and turns toward me.

"I always spend time with family."

"When you're not at practice or out partying with your boys or at a game or out to dinner with a sponsor or taking a pregame nap." I said, exasperated.