Playoffs Season.

Zaria

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in mid April is quite the sight. We're slowly overcoming the cold winter season, flourishing through the beginning of spring.

The drive up to Jackie's estate took longer than expected. This morning, she was hosting a play-off celebration breakfast for the wags of the 76ers basketball team. And as Allen's wife, I figured it's only right that I show up despite not having a babysitter.

"This should be fun." I mumble glumly while parking my car.

After being here for almost a year, I've learned that both Jackie and her husband were used to living more than extravagantly. Every inch of the estate was purposely decorated to allude to each sophisticated location they've traveled to during the off season. For example, the cedar trees imported from the Mediterranean, lining the driveway created a image reminiscent of Skopelos, a favorite off season vacation spot for the Owens family.

Stepping out the car, I walked around to the backseat to grab Deuce's car seat. Once I opened the door, I'm greeted with a cute gummy smile which instantly made my heart melt.

"Hi Sonshine! Mommy's baby finally up, huh?" I cooed while adjusting his little hood that's attached to his onesie.

"My first guest!" I hear a voice say.

I turn around in time to see Jackie step out of the glass doors. Sighing to myself, I turn back around and unhook the car seat from the base while also grabbing the diaper bag. After closing the door shut, I walked up the pathway and onto the steps before greeting her.

"I'm so glad you could make it! Oh, and I see you brought the baby." She says with excitement while letting us in.

As usual, she looked stunning in her sage silk Escada blouse and matching slacks. A silver Chanel belt rested against her flat stomach. Her sparkling stone encrusted Audemars watch and ten carat emerald cut Diamond on her finger kept flashing in my eyes as she gesticulated with her hands.

If I didn't already know her, it'll be difficult to discern the woman Jackie was beneath all of her adornments.

Though she was not overdressed, there was something too perfect about the way Jackie was put together. She looked like she was prepared for a photoshoot or something. Not a hair moved from her French twist. I wouldn't expect it to since she has a hairdresser on call twenty four seven.

"Go ahead and give Franklin your things so he can secure them in a safe space." She orders me while pointing to the servant who appeared out of nowhere.

I gently placed the car seat and bag down before taking off my jacket and handing it over to him.

As I'm doing so, Jackie took it upon herself to unbuckle Deuce and pick him up. I didn't mind since this wasn't the first time she's ever held him. Plus knowing that she's a mom of two teenagers kinda placed my mind at ease. Once she ceased her demands with the servant, she turned her gaze onto me.

In true Jackie form, she began at the feet, gazing at my leather heeled boots, then made her way slowly up to my clothing, with a slight hesitation at my midsection to determine whether my post baby gut was worth mentioning right now, then to my face to check out the makeup application, and finally to my hair.