Chapter 1

She signed off the contract and ordered a coffee for herself. But instead of coffee her PA bring in a gift. Squinting her eyes, she looked at her PA.
“Kashmala! I have told you not to accept anything from Miraj again.” She complained and kashmala nodded.
“I know. And it’s not from him. It’s from Syed Ain Husnain Shah.”
She placed it on her table and the office boy bring in her coffee too.
“well then you can go back kashmala.” She said as she unwrapped the package.  Opening it she found Crocodile lady Bag of Louis Vuitton in it. It was the same bag she put on her Instagram story with a caption of wanting it.  She opened her Instagram checking for the request messages and there it was. A message from AIN SHAH.
“will be sending a present your way, Jaan e Ain.” Reading the message made her smile. looking at the bag she fishes our the lighter from her purse. Getting up from her chair she went to the trash can of her office. Putting the bag in the can she throw the lighter on it. In the matter of seconds, the bag was on fire.
Clicking the picture of bag, she uploaded it on Instagram with a smiling emoji.
The notifications stared ringing. She put the mobile on silent mode and went to her next meeting.
Opening the door, she knew the people inside the room doesn’t like her much, but it was same for her. But the difference was they can’t do anything about it and she, she can ruin their lives and it won’t even make her feel bad.
Meeting started and her focus shifted. After the negotiations they concluded to work together on the project. 
“Janaan!” Miraj called her making her roll her eyes. “how are you Miraj?” she asked smiling. “it has been quite a while since we met. You aren’t even accepting my gifts.” He complained.
“we don’t have the relation in which we can share gifts.” She said as she reached her office.
“you can leave now. I have got work to do.” She said clearly telling him to leave. Miraj was taken aback by her statement. “of course. I’ll be leaving now. See you next time.” He said as he turned and leave. Entering her office, she looks at her mobile. People were feeling bad for the bag but the comment of Ain SHAH caught her attention.
“My Lady sure love to set things on fire.” She let out a laugh.
“should I light you too on fire?”
She replied back.
“oh no! I don’t want you to get tired. Just say the word, I’ll do it myself.”
She laughed and start doing her work again.
.....................................................................
he stared at his mobile before getting back to checking the report. It was a hectic thing to deal with all the old men. Old men tend to get furious easily but he can handle them since he was quite a loveable person in everyone’s opinion.
Though he was a bit sad at how she has burned the gift he sends her but it’s ok. He can buy thousands of bags for her if that means that she will feel satisfaction.
“sir! You have to meet Mr. Owais Rajput on lunch. I have reserved the restaurant. The meeting will be in next 30 minutes and we can be there in 15 minutes.” His PA informed him so he left the office after putting on his coat.
Reviewing the report in car again sometimes make him remember the time when he used to cram his lesson in morning of test. He used to spend all his day playing at his Nani’s house and obviously skip the homework. Smiling back at the memory he looked out of the window.
Lahore sure is a busy city. but he likes it. He like the traffic, the noise, the vendors. They bring life to the city. car came to a stop and he comes out. Owais was already waiting for him. “Good afternoon sir!” he was greeted by Owais and secretary. The meeting went smoothly. The only disturbing thing was the gaze of the secretary.  He gets irritated when someone looks at him for a long time. She was wearing a green dress, or maybe red. He doesn’t know. His colorblindness is a thing he can’t control.
His secretary reminds him of the party he had to attend next week. It was in Dubai so he obviously has to leave beforehand.
Opening his Instagram, he went straight to her account. The thing that caught his attention was the shopping bags and the caption regarding her attending the party too. He bit his lip as he liked the photo.
“you got some drool on your chin baby!” Wasi taunted.
“shut up.” He replied and kept scrolling,
“no, seriously bro. you should at least talk to her once instead of groveling over her pictures. She is a very nice lady.”
“you have met her?” he asked.
“she was in the lobby when I bumped into her.” Wasi replied nonchalantly.
He pouted after seeing all the praises she got in comments. Reporting all the accounts was quite a hassle. But he has got time. He entered the house, still reporting the accounts. Throwing his bag on bed he kept reporting. He always does this. After reporting hundreds of accounts, he threw his mobile on bed.
“you came early today.” His father said a he waited for him on table.
“yes. There wasn’t much on schedule."
“anyways you have met Durani’s daughter. Right?”
Ain nodded.
“she is a nice child. Have you considered dating or marrying anyone?” Ain sighed.
“no! But I have someone in my mind. So please don’t pressure me.”
Umar put his spoon down. “both you and Hussain are like this. I want to see you guys settling down.” The reply makes him think of Janaan.
“I’ll settle down when she will say yes.” He replied.
“and when will she say ‘yes’?”
“soon.” Ain left his seat. “I have got things to prepare before I go to Dubai. I’ll be leaving now. “
.....................................................................
Janaan looked at her aunty. She was the youngest sister of her father Sikandar Peerzada. Nagina was someone who will taunt you till you start believing that you are doing everything wrong. Her sharp gaze was something that can make you self-conscious.
“so, when is my Beti(daughter) getting married. Hmm?” Nagina asked to which Janaan smiled. “whenever Baba tell me to. You know I am not the kind of person who will decide this for myself.” She replied a she placed food in her plate.
Door opened and Sarmad enters. “AsalamuAlikum Api.” He gave a small peck on Janaan head. “why are you here Nagina aunty?” Janaan cleared her throat as Nagina raised her eyebrow. “is this how you greet your aunty?” Nagina pretended to smile as Janaan placed food in Sarmad’s plate. “no! that’s how I talk to the woman who live off my Baba’s money and now trying to wrap my sister in marriage with her good for nothing son.” He said grinning making Nagina giver Janaan a pointed look. “Sarmad stop!” Janaan warned. “come on, I was just playing around. I love you PHUPHO.” He gave a ear to ear grin and start munching on food. Nagina scoffed but said nothing.
“where is Baba?” “he is out with Mom.” Janaan answered Sarmad.
“Janaan! Try to make your baba consider what I told you.” Nagina said in a sickly-sweet tone. “of course, aunty.” She replied.
Entering the room, Janaan let her smile drop. “clueless bitch!” she said in a low voice. “marry her son, I would rather marry the guard of my company.” She said as she went Infront of the mirror.
Her saree was still on place. She was used to of it now. Her hair was getting a little rough. Telling her PA to set an appointment with the salon she went to bathroom. After a much-needed long shower, she stepped into her room.
She had to go to the party next week. It was already tiring her. But well, she is prepared for everything.