"I wish I could help you-"

He stepped closer again, catching me off guard, his fingers wrapping around my arm gently. "Where are they going? How are they getting out of the school?" His voice was soft, but it sounded pleading, and I felt guilt tug at my stomach.

"T... They're not out of the school." I whispered, my voice practically fading away beneath the new arrivals.

"Oh, look, Malfoy, you got one!" Crabbe grinned, yellowing teeth showing beneath his lips. "Questioning her about where all her friends have gone to?"

Draco's fingers dropped my arm, taking a step back until he was surrounded by his friends.

"She still doesn't know where they are."

"Well why don't we see if we can convince her?" Goyle smirked, his wand slipping into his fingers as he pointed it towards me.

"You can't torture information out of people if they don't have it." Draco's voice was lazy, yet his eyes were wide, flickering between mine and his housemates.

"If you actually believe she doesn't know where her own friend's are going, you're even dumber than everyone says-"

"I would suggest you remember who you're speaking to, Crabbe." Draco's wand was in his hands now as he faced his friends, Goyle's still pointed at me as I moved my fingers against my over-filled bag, trying to feel for the outline of my wand.

"I remember who I'm speaking to, I just don't know if you are who I thought you were, Malfoy." Crabbe's voice was taunting and Goyle chuckled, his eyes flickering towards his friends.

"If you two are finished bickering? We can be the ones to bring the missing students to the Carrows."

His wand raised again and I shoved my hand recklessly through my bag, praying to feel the smooth wood against my fingers before-

"You're getting lazy." Draco's voice drawled once again, both Slytherin's looking up to him. "How do you think the Dark Lord will feel when you get to him in a few months and you've been working on one spell all year? How do you think the Dark Lord feels about laziness?"

Goyle's eyes jolted to Crabbe's at once before turning back to me, his wand slashing through the air as he huffed out a series of Lacero's. I felt the first slice open on my chin, one hand coming up to block the second one which slit open a line on my arm. I could faintly hear my own groan of pain as I fell to the floor, the final curse slicing through my upper thigh.

There was a crunch of glass and a stinging in my wrist as Goyle leaned down before me, lips curled back in a sneer.

"We'll see you tomorrow, Selwyn. And by then, I'm sure you'll remember where your friends have gone to."

"Come on, Malfoy." Crabbe grinned, nodding for the blonde to follow as they started down the hallway towards the stairs, yet Draco paused after a few steps, letting them continue on before starting back.

I whimpered, the sharp pain in my leg pushed towards the back of my mind as I rolled off the broken glass which now laid around me in pieces. I held my palm out to collect them one my one, picking up tiny shards, cursing as I squeezed one too tightly, a small bead of red dripping from my thumb.

"What are you doing? Just leave it, it's a bloody bracelet." Draco's arms surrounded mine and he didn't pull away as I gasped, hoisting me to my feet and throwing my bag around his shoulder. "Come on, that could have been a lot worse. I did you a favor."

"Oh, thanks. So much." I grumbled, letting him support me if only so that I could stand on my leg which was starting to grow numb.

"Tell me where your friends are, I can take you there." He offered and I shot him a glare. "Fine, Merlin. Infirmary it is."

Safe With Me ~ Fred Weasleyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें