The Burrow

The train slowed to a stop, wheels screeching beneath us as we pulled into the platform. I leaned up off of Fred and peered out the window, watching families scamper after the train in excitement. Fred clapped his hand to my upper leg twice before standing up and pulling our trunks down one after the other.

"Alright Cass, on your best behavior now to meet our mother. No cussing or picking fights now." George shot me a grin as the group of us stepped out of our compartment one by one, starting down the steps onto the bustling platform.

I watched as Ginny lunged first to hug a short red haired woman with the same familiar grin that lit up any room that I had grown so used to this year. Next to her was a slightly taller man with matching red hair who scanned over his family happily before opening his arms for Ginny too.

"Boys!" Mrs. Weasley said softly, pulling Ron into an enormous hug before moving on to the twins who were stood just in front of me.

"Good to see you Mum." They echoed each other, returning her hug even as they towered over her.

"And this must be Cassidy." She stepped around the boys and gave me a warm smile. I returned it instantly, wanting nothing more than for her to like me. I shot my hand out to introduce myself but dropped it when she rushed into me for a hug. "It's a pleasure to have you dear, Fred has told me so much-"

"Mum!" Fred's voice rang out from behind her and she shrugged, pulling away from our embrace.

"Mrs. Weasley, I can't thank you enough for having me."

"Nonsense, dear. It's our pleasure. Arthur, this is Cassidy." She nodded towards Mr. Weasley and I stuck my hand out again, this time exchanging a handshake with the man.

"Nice to meet you, Cassidy."

I couldn't believe how happy and smiley everyone in this family seemed, thinking briefly to the dry and quiet reunion I would be receiving in the parking lot with my father right now.

"Harry." Mrs. Weasley turned her kind smile to the raven haired boy. "Oh, how I wish you were coming back with us."

"He can come at the end of summer, right mum? For the World Cup?" Ron pleaded from Harry's side.

"Of course, of course, we'll get it all worked out with your aunt and uncle. You be safe, Harry, you have a good summer now." She smothered him in a final hug before he said his goodbyes to the Weasley's and Hermione, starting through the barrier to meet the Dursleys.

"We'd better get going too. Remember what I said, Mum?" Fred finished his sentence softly, giving his mother a strange look while she looked back to me, a sadness in her eyes.

"Yes, right. You can all follow me to the car, can Arthur get your trunk Cassidy?" She offered for her husband, but I shook my head.

"I'm okay, thank you though." I tried to hold my smile on my face as we stepped through the barrier one by one, emerging on the other side and regrouping.

Fred and George walked at my side, giving me hardly enough room to hold my trunk without it running into their legs. I glanced side to side, scanning for the familiar gray hair and praying that the group of red heads surrounding me would be enough to hide me.

I noticed Fred's eyes flickering between me and the crowd as if waiting for me to show signs of recognition.

"Almost there." He breathed out, nodding more to himself than me.

Mr. and Mrs. Weasley slowed next to a plain black sedan which looked entirely too small for the family to fit into.

"Right then," Mr. Weasley began, lifting the trunk and one by one cramming everyone's luggage impossibly into the back of the car.