Exams

I couldn't understand how my roommates could possibly miss this Quidditch match. I couldn't remember a more anticipated game the entire time I had attended school. The Gryffindor's and Slytherin houses had been at each others throats more than usual the past few weeks, especially after Hermione's incident with Draco.

The Slytherin team, as well as just some particularly nasty house mates had taken it upon themselves to make Harry's time at school a living hell. Oliver Wood had given strict instructions that Harry was to be accompanied at all times, which was somewhat annoying when you were stuck behind a crowd of Gryffindor's on your way to class, yet had it's advantages on the days the twins walked us all down the hallways.

The twins seemed to be the only ones on the Gryffindor team who had any appetite at all at breakfast, scarfing down second helpings of bacon and eggs while Wood pleaded with the rest of the team to eat.

"Dunno why you're so worried, Harry." Fred started, trusting George to finish his thought as he took another bite of his breakfast.

"You've got your Firebolt, and your only real opposition is Malfoy." George chuckled.

Not half an hour later, Hermione, Ron and I were making the trek down to the quidditch pitch. It was thankfully no where near as cold as the last few games had been, and the sun was shining brightly down on us as we made our way to the top of the stands.

The spots around us filled up in no time, surrounding us with more red and gold than I had seen in a long time. Banners and signs waving through the air in support of the Gryffindors. I had dug Fred's quidditch hoodie from my trunk, ignoring the glances I had received from Ron when I had appeared at breakfast.

The booming sound of Lee Jordan's commentary began, announcing the teams and players as they flew out onto the field.

After the captains shook hands and exchanged prolonged death glares, the whistle blew and all of the players took to the sky. I watched as Harry flew above the rest of the team in an instant, with Fred right below him. Harry usually took a higher position in order to scan the pitch better, while Fred and George had to stay right in the action.

Gryffindor had the quaffle within seconds, Angelina and Alicia working together to bring it to the end of the pitch. I watched George bat a bludger away from the girls as Angelina got the quaffle through the goal post to thunderous applause. She threw her fists into the air for only a second before the Slytherin captain, Marcus Flint's body slammed into hers. Her scream echoed around the stands for only a second, George flying beneath her, ready in case she had fallen, but she held on.

Angelina shot George a smile and a nod, while Fred's club collided with the back of Flint's head and Hermione and I hissed, praying he wouldn't get kicked out for his retaliation.

Madame Hooch awarded both teams a penalty shot, which earned Gryffindor ten more points, while Wood managed to block the Slytherin's shot, much to Lee Jordan's amazement and praise.

After another penalty shot awarded to Gryffindor for an attack on Katie Bell, putting them up 30-0, I saw a streak of movement from the corner of my eye. Harry was diving, practically letting gravity take hold, dashing to the opposite end of the pitch.

"What's he doing?" I whined, knowing from the past weeks of hearing the twins imitate Wood that Harry was not to catch the snitch until Gryffindor was at least fifty points up.

"He's throwing Malfoy off! Look!" Ron nodded to the end of the stands where the golden glint of wings glistened for only a few seconds more. "Bloody brilliant."

"Well done, Harry." Hermione breathed out as Harry pulled back into a casual flight pattern, leaving Malfoy watching him with a scowl painted on his face.