[CHAPTER NINE] "All for the guys.."

The next day, Mariah signed them up for the painting activity. Deandre took Zein down to the kiddie pool while the girls were having a girls day. Michaela ordered them drinks and they made it into a game.

Michaela's boyfriend got dressed and joined Deandre. Although they didn't have any children, Thomas always wanted to start a family with Michaela. But he wanted to finish his tour before having a kid and getting married. That's why he never talked about it. He didn't want to put a time frame on it. Because he didn't want Michaela to count down the time. He wasn't sure if he only wanted to do one tour. And he always told her he was unsure because he didn't want to be the guy to pull out last minute. They had been dating since high school and he loved her. But, he wasn't ready to marry her. And Michaela wasn't going to pressure him into it. Especially since she sent a lot of time studying the law. The arrangement that they had worked for them. But Michaela wasn't sure how long it would work.

"What are you even trying to draw?" Mariah laughed at her sister drawing as she leaned over to look at hers. "What? This is exactly what's in the bowl!" She said pointing at the fruit.

"We're drawing the flowers up there girl!" Mariah laughed as she pointed at the painting on the display.

"Oops."

"See you should be playing attention more than drinking girl." They all laughed as they continued to paint and drink. Mariah ate chips while she painted and ordered more grapes.

"Zein is gonna love this." Mariah smiled as wiped her hands. "Okay little miss Picasso." Michaela rolled her eyes when she saw Mariah finished drawing.

"Hold on, I'm going to call Andre and see if pops joined them."

"Girl who cares! It's a girls day remember?" Kip teased as she sipped on her drink. "Don't be a party pooper!"

Michaela smacked her teeth, "She can check in with her man if she wants."

"No you're right Kip, it's a girls day no checking in. I'm sure everything is fine."

"What's next on the agenda?"

"I thought we would go to the spa and get some facials then get dressed fancy and hit the casino?"

A light bulb went off in Kip's mind, "Are you inviting Lucinda out?"

"She said she doesn't want to go. I went to her room this morning and I had to talk through the door." Vena didn't like that Lucinda treated Mariah unkind but she knew she had to stay out of it.

"You know she was on one last night coming back to her room.." Michaela added in. "I never heard someone drop so many f bombs at once."

Kip decided not to tell Mariah about the conversation she had with her mother in law. Especially since she kind of participated in the bashing. And since Michaela butted into the conversation before she could say anything she knew it wasn't the right time.

"I'll invite her on the way back.. don't worry about it."

"I appreciate that." Mariah wasn't going to beg Lucinda to hang out with her, but she did want her around. Before the engagement was her biggest fan and it sadden Mariah to know the change happened over money. But when she reached out, Lucinda didn't even want to open the door for her. So she was willing to let someone else try.

"Come on let's go! I can feel somebody's hand calling my shoulder."

"Are we going to talk about the fight? Or we just gonna act like it didn't happen?" Thomas asked Deandre as they watched Zein play with the other kids.

"It was just a misunderstanding about some family things."

"Who's the oldest?"

"Dawson then it's me, Darin and Dave."