Only thing about these plans, to double back from The Gaian System to Independence is a looonnng haul of over 100 lightyears. Its probably not hard to figure that we're Trip-C bound once they see us run for it but...maybe they won't figure that part out? None of these battered Front units that I know of thought to get Trip-C up-n-up about this.

I check the plot, feeling all the ebbs of outright exhaustion, queasiness from the sedatives still lingering in my system. It's time to exit slide.

                Over all-ship, "Gate exit in five, take hold, battle-stays!" I switch the light sequence to red-red-red and wait the regulated five minutes. I watch those minutes tick by, seemingly forever. "Gate exit!"

We exit slide just a little ways inside the System, hauling it, with The Capitalist raising up the containment bubble over helm – most important designated area on the bridge with an extra bubble at the rear of the bridge.

Alert – a slight chirp from Capitalist on the navboards.
Gaian System buoy matched our hull ID – Capitalist
Obs-n-cos! – me
Prob' 'cause we were running comm's offscreen – Dells
Great, just great. Now they really know its us! – me

Dells adeptly has all the scopes and scans up and while I dump a little velocity to screenshot the System. I don't want to lose too much V so I can easily ramp up for the turn-n-burn.

Comm' from The Gaian warning us 'bout scheduled outbound traffic and hazards – Dells
How kind of 'em – me
They advise we get on the vector we're already on – Dells
Thanks – me

I'm just about done running the screenshot capture of what's insystem and on the comm's when I see why The Gaian sent that scheduled communique to us – there's three Colonyclassers with their drops deployed in formation sitting insystem.

A chill runs up and down my spine.

               "Long and short range scans clear." Dells says out loud. "'Cepting those Colony-classers."
               "Accept The Gaian's provided course." I say out loud.

*** Pretense only Dells ***
*** Abso' *** he acknowledges.

               "Get to the cords and hold position. These bubbles unnecessary!" Eds says, getting up. "Gotta comm-pack prepared I want you to send to Resolute ASAP!"

When Eds gets up, it signals these skill-sess'ed fools to resume running around the bridge. Mind you, we're still on red lights, I never changed the cycle! I'm gonna pulse the gins in a bit for a course change and slide-run outta here – you do NOT want to be unsecured during a vector-velocity change, a good and quick way to be severely injured or even die.

               "Contact!" I alert, before I can properly fuss at these fools and Dells sits ramrod straight up. "Bearing sixty light-minutes off starboard...Colony-classer..." I say, before The Capitalist reports on what I can make the outlines of, a large mass that's mostly stationary. The Capitalist confirms the ship's class. "Callsign...SES Resolute."
"Omigod!" Amy exclaims.
"No doubt." Styx adds.
"Where'd they come from?" Dells asks.
"Skulking the system I bet but, they're not in the position I'd expect them to be in, to meet us for this cold call." I observe calmly while automatically running scans on the Resolute that they'll notice, for sure. I don't dump anymore V, that's for sure and my nerves twitch up.
"Right!"
"They're scanning us, weapon bays opening with the gins firing up." Dells reports.
"Jay! Slow down!" Eds orders. "That's a direct order, Commander, by the way!"
"That's a negative, sir!" I say.
"You WILL comply!" Eds insists. "I already told you my plans and what I'm gonna do!"
"You did and you need to do it now. We're not going anywhere near Resolute's envelope!" and I quick pulse the gins to regain some of our lost V.

Bring up weapons array Dells – me
Yessir! – Dells
Amy can you watch scopes? – me
You got it – Amy
I can watch comm' – Styx
No more than you can stand tho – me
At this point it prob' doesn't matter – Styx

"Eds, you drop your comm-pack to 'em but we're runnin', my call!" I reemphasize since Eds looks bewildered. "I don't think they care!"

*** Full scale riot below-decks, third and fourth decks. *** Lito
*** They're gonna try for the bridge Jay. *** Raven
*** I'm about to roll maneuvers in minutes! They need to take hold!! *** me, urgency
*** We'll direct line comm 'em. *** Lito
*** They're suited, the wackos aren't though. *** Raven
*** Jay, we should have control in couple mins. *** Caddy
*** Ev'body needs to be in containment! Resolute off our starboard! *** I emphasize.
*** We are, for the most part. *** Raven

"Comm in from Resolute is to stand down, prepare to be boarded." Styx relays.
"Well do it!" Eds yells, standing right outside the bubble like a fool.