chapter 11

Saturday, May 20th

04:00

I wake up and get ready to leave. After my shower, I head to my room and I wear a white winter set because it's cold today.

I wear sneakers as well. I then take off my wig. I'll just have to go with my cornrows. They are fresh so I still look cute. My eyes are swollen and red because I was crying all night so I wear some cute sunglasses.

I don't know why but my heart keeps telling me to not go. There's this attachment between me and Kgotso that I can't seem to let go of.

I grab my bags and I head out. As I step out, I find BK waiting for me outside.

Me: what are you doing here?
BK: did you think I'd let you go without saying bye?
Me: oh wow.
BK: let me take you home?
Me: oh no, I can't...
BK: I insist.
Me: okay.

I get in the car and he drives me home. We get to my house and we chat a little before he has to go so I give him a goodbye kiss. He then leaves.

I call my mom to open the gate for me and she does just that. We go in and settle in my room.

Mom: how have you been, my baby?
Me: everything is going good, mama.
Mom: so why are you wearing sunglasses so early in the morning and why in the house?
Me: it's fashion, mama. I like them.

She snatches my glasses from my eyes, playfully. However, her laugh dies down when she sees my eyes.

Mom: what's wrong, my baby?
Me: I just really missed you, mama. I have also been feeling overwhelmed and yesterday, I just reached my breaking point.
Mom: I'm so sorry, my baby.

She cuddles me for a while and I fall asleep with my head on her lap. I wake up later on with a pillow under my head, instead of my mother.

My big brother walks in, he is the only brother I have and he is 5 years older than me. We sit in my room and chat for hours.

I really missed this, I really missed my home and my family.