Wrong Venue, Right Time

Start from the beginning

"Well I guess we're in the wrong place." Jackson huffed. "April said the site listed the wrong address. The wedding's in Bainbridge Island."

"What do we do?" Bailey whisper yells.

"Okay, let's just go one at a time." Webber suggested. "No sudden movements."

We nodded before we slowly started walking towards the exit. Once we made it out we had to rush to a ferry because that was the quickest way we would make it to the wedding venue.

After a lot of scrambling we finally made it.

"Yes! Oh my gosh, hi!" April exclaimed letting out a sigh of relief seeing us walk into the wedding venue.

"Oh my gosh April this is gorgeous ." Catherine marveled as she glanced around.

"Thank you." April smiled wrapping her in a hug.

I had to admit Kepner did an amazing job. The floral designs were detailed and beautiful. The cake was creative yet elegant, and the scenery was amazing. It was definitely impressive.

"So we're all friends here. There's no bride or groom side. Just sit wherever you feel comfortable, okay. Yeah?" April explained nervously.

"Where do you sit if you used to be in love with the bride, but then the groom beat you up and put you in the hospital." An obviously tipsy Deluca asked.

"Okay, ignore him." Carina said as she grabbed his arm forcing him to a seat.

"Kepner, it's good seeing you. I have to admit I miss having you at the hospital." I smiled as we walked over to April. She recently left the hospital to focus on providing medical care to the homeless and underserved. It was unexpected, but definitely commendable.

"I miss you all too, but these homeless communities? They're huge, and they have so little access to medical care, and they really need me. It feels good." She nodded.

"I'm glad." I smiled. All we can hope for in this life is to find a purpose and happiness in life and it seems that April has found that, and I'm happy for her.

We continued to walk around and mingle. I paused for a second as I saw Maggie walk in. I was at a place where it didn't make my blood boil seeing her, but it was still a little awkward.

"You okay?" Jackson asked placing his hand on my back as he noticed me tense up.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It's just awkward ." I nodded turning away and fixing myself a lemonade at the drink stand.

"I understand, but I'm in this marriage 100 percent with you. You know that right?" He said reassuring me.

"I know." I nodded giving him a kiss.

We took a seat as Meredith walked over to us.

"So did you find the bride and groom?" I asked her. It seemed like we had been waiting for Jo and Alex for forever, but they were no where to be found. I was starting to wonder if there would even be a wedding.

"No, but I did find Jo's shoes in Alex's room, so I think maybe they snuck off..."

"Too have sex." Jackson finished her sentence.

"Mm-hmm." Meredith chuckled.

"Can't blame them." I laughed as well.

"Um, folks? Folks, hello." The wedding coordinator said into her microphone gaining everyone's attention. "Thank you so much for your patience. The wedding officiant should be here soon, harbor traffic allowing." She nervously joked. "So, in the meantime, please continue to enjoy the canapé and, um this toast by this handsome young fellow." She smiled as she walked over to a very drunk DeLuca who was leaning against a tree drinking yet another beer.