🌊| Her 'Kook year.' (39)

Start from the beginning

"Right, we only came in here to drag you guys back out. You've been camping here the whole party." Rafe nodded, standing back up.

I scratched behind my ear as Rafe walked to me, handing me a cup.

I swished the greenish liquid inside of it around. "What is this, liver bile?"

"Please do not talk about bodily fluids around me as I am in the verge of emitting mine onto this couch." Sarah gagged, holding her stomach with a pale face.

"No, it's a mountain dew mix. Try it." Rafe smirked.

"It literally looks like Mike Wasouski's piss, Rafe. I'm not drinking that." I shoved the cup into his chest as he laughed at my joke.

"So pogues don't drink any mixers, huh?"

I blinked.  "Not that type of mix, I'd drink a casual tropical milwaukee. Not stomach acid."

"How many more of those are you gonna come up with?" Kelce said  from the side as Sarah struggled to hold in her vomit.

"As many as I can pull out of my ass." I looked over at him, then back at the cup. "I suppose that looks like something I'd pull out of my ass too, though."

Suddenly Sarah wretched and humped over, everyone jumped back when she coughs up her puke.

"Oh shit!"
"Ew."
"I'm gonna be sick."

"Alright, that's a reason why we should head out." Charlie pointed his finger at the groaning Sarah, in pain and confusion.

"Great observation, Dr. Spock." I rolled my eyes, walking over to help Sarah.

________________________________

We were walking down the roads, Sarah's house was just a little walk after mine. So I would be getting home first.

We already left Kie off, and Tanner, Kelce and Charlie ran off to another party.

It was just Sarah, Top, Rafe and I.

Rafe and I walked behind Top trying to help a wobbly Sarah get to her destination safely.

"How you finding the Kook life?" Rafe looked down at me as I walked a bit slow.

I tilted my head. "Hm."

"Much better, I assume." He finished for me.

I squinted my eyes, but didn't  wanna disagree. I heard that Rafe's not the kindest.

"Well, I don't know." I said. "I'm more used to my pogue links."

"Do you know how long your staying Kook?" Rafe asked.

The corners of my mouth folded upward. "Why?"

"I'm just- pff... wondering." He shrugged  my smirk off.

I huffed. "Till' mom comes back."

He went a little silent. I could tell he was hesitating to say something. "Do you miss her?"

I blinked, what type of question was that? Of course I did.

I still do.

"Yes." I simply answered.

"I miss my mom too." He said, in attempt to make me feel better.

But I knew he never really knew his biological mom. Rose has been his mother for most of his life.

I stayed silent.

"If you have a choice, would you stay in this life or go back to the Pogue life?" He asked.

I took a breath in the thick humid air of North Carolina.

The answer was always clear to me. It still is.

"Pogue life." I shrugged. "Cant beat it."

He laughed, thinking I was being sarcastic.

I look up at him. "No, really. Being a pogue means you're ignored and neglected, so you can do whatever you want, whenever you want."

He stopped laughing. "Oh, you're serious."

"Well, of course I am. I grew up with that life. Full Pogue in the blood."

He raised an eyebrow. "Why would you want that life, though?"

I started to get a bit aggravated that he thought he could shut talk Pogues to me just because my dads a Kook. "Can we switch the subject?"

"Hm." He hummed, still looking at me. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

I got alarmed at his sudden question, with no hesitation and a lot of quickness. "Oh, no. You?"

"A boyfriend?" He laughed.

"Well, a girlfriend but... if you're.." I joked.

"No, I do not have a girlfriend."

"Okay." I said. "Why'd you ask?"

"Well I was just curious, you are really close with a lot of boys on the cut." He said. "Thats what you're known for."

I looked up at him with shock. "Known for? Ew. Why am I known in the first place?"

"You're known as the Pogue magnet." He laughed a little as he said it.

I squinted, disappointed with my title. "They're my friends since I was young. I didn't just pick 'em up off the street." I told him, referring to the boys, John B, JJ and Pope.

"Yeah, well.. it looks like you did. I mean.. they look like you did." He snickered.

I shoved him. "Hey, they're my friends."

"Right." He brought himself together. "Sorry."

I smile a little. "You're friends aren't necessarily the best either."

He blinked. "Best looking?"

"Certainly not the best looking, including you." I wasn't afraid to say.

He scoffed. I could tell he hadn't been violated like that before because all the girls on figure eight drool on their knees for him.

"Well, this is me." I said, looking at the upcoming white gates of my dads house.

He crossed his arms. "I'll see you this weekend."

I nodded, tucking my hair behind my ear. I remember thinking to myself; 'He isn't that bad. Everyone makes him out to be a horrible person.' But god. Now I know, he's not the person he used to be with me.

______________________________

HII GUYS!

im sorry, i kinda left y'all hanging for a while. I lost a little motivation but it's back now so hopefully these chapters will be rolling in!!

SO excited to write season three, but a little warning that Jarla are gonna have some ups and downs this season.

Just fasten ur seatbelts and you'll be alright.

(LOVE YALL SM THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR 1K READS OMG THIS IS SURREAL! 🎉🎉🎉🎉 i can't explain enough how much i love every single one of you who read this story i promise you'll love the rest ! 💐🤍🤍)