🌊| Her 'Kook year.' (39)

Start from the beginning

We got to know Rafe Cameron, Sarah's older brother, a lot better during the summer I was staying on Fig 8. He's sweet when he wants to be. Kie used to say he only had a kind heart toward me. I denied that statement, it's weird for him to get so comfortable after knowing me for less than two months.

"What did you do to my sister?" He quickly glanced over at his slumped sister before he sat down.

"She did that to herself." Kie laughed as more of his friend group walked in.

I looked over to see four boys enter.

Kelce, the annoying one. He always talked about how much better he is than the poorer crowd. I remember it pissing me the fuck off because he hadn't realised I was a Pogue yet.
When he ended up finding out, he didn't give a shit and continued ranting.

Topper, he's a nice one. He's not as annoying and stuck up as the rest of them. We could tell he had a fat crush on Sarah from the way he beat any boy off of her that ever tried to talk to her. They were like a couple that weren't together. And when they did end up getting together the following year, everyone already thought they were already together.. so there wasn't any celebration.

Tanner, he was the sweetest. I liked him the most out of the majority of them. He didn't really judge me for being a Pogue. And understood that I was a full Pogue, no Kook was in me. He wasn't necessarily loyal, though. He slept with several girls at every party. It was like a winning streak. He celebrated with a buds light if he ever got over his high score of 12. What an asshole. But he's cool.

Rafe was a bit delusional. Not to be rude, but he definitely has a bit of anger issues in him. I didn't ever judge him for it, though. I didn't want to. I remember the rest of the group used to laugh and mock him, but I wouldn't. I knew he was struggling. I was quite close with him. He never got angry and aggressive with me. It scared me how he didn't, but I was grateful, I guess.

Charlie, the youngest one. He was 12. No one really knew why he ever hung around with us. He always talked about weed and how much he loved it. He was kind of annoying, from what I remember. He always drank the most. He reminded me of my dad, because he never had one nice thing to say. We ended up ghosting him like a week after this. In which he told his mom about, and his mom tried to report us for.. pedophilia? I cant remember. But she failed due to no evidence or proof.

"Sarah? Sarah. Sarah!" Topper shook Sarah vigorously, desperate to wake her up.

"Top can you not give her shaken baby syndrome?" I suggest from the corner of the couch I sat in.

It was kind of weird being in the group that was considered to be 'popular' on figure eight. I didn't know if it classified me as a 'popular Kook.' Now I know it didn't. I was never a Kook. I was masking as one until I was able to go home.

Not to go my dads house. To go home. To The cut. The Chateau, more specifically.

"Are y'all looking to head out soon?" Charlie asked, holding a solo cup with god knows what inside.

"Head out where?" Kelce cocked an eyebrow.

"Uh, to like another party?" Charlie shrugged.

I squinted a little.

"No. If I'm heading out, I'm heading home." Sarah finally gained her consciousness and sat up a little as she spoke.

"Sarah, Jesus. You scared me."

She looks up at a worried Topper. "Okay."

"Come on, you guys. Let's not go yet. We haven't been here that long." Tanner groaned, leaning against a random bookcase.