IV.

"So," Danielle says, taking a step closer in Hanni's direction, "It's Minji, huh, Pham?" She rolls her eyes, before adding with a teasing grin, "You are so going to write your number down on that girl's cup."

On Friday night, the next week, Hanni walks into Starbucks for her evening shift. Haerin, the girl who she's supposed to be working with tonight is already there, talking to Danielle and grinning about something.

For the first ten minutes, they busy themselves discussing what needs to happen, so Hanni doesn't really pay attention to the costumers. However, as soon as Danielle has left and Haerin asks her to clean the empty cups off the tables, Hanni takes her first proper look around the café and notices - with shock - that Minji is sitting at the table in the corner with her laptop infront of her.

Oh my god.

Hanni bites her lip, trying to ignore the heavy tug in the center of her stomach. This is ridiculous. Minji is just a girl... There's no reason at all for her body to be reacting like this. It's already frustrating enough that she can barely get through her shifts these days because her eyes keep flicking over to the door, trying to be prepared for the moment that Minji comes walking in again.

She clears the table as quickly as possible, not looking over to the corner on purpose, hoping that Minji hasn't noticed her yet. As soon as she's back behind the counter, Haerin walks up to her again.

"Hanni, would you mind going around with these?" She hands her a tray with small cups on it. "I made some cinnamon hot chocolate tasting samples."

Hanni stares at her. "Um, yeah, I would but... um, maybe for now, I can just run the counter and... you can go around with the samples?"

Haerin raises her eyebrow. "Is this about that girl over there?"

"What?" Hanni chokes out. "What are you-"

Haerin grins. "Danielle told me that you're probably going to break your never-writing-your-number-down-on-a-Starbucks-cup oath tonight."

Hanni feels her throat tighten. "What? Why did she-"

"Besides," Haerin days with a knowing smile. "You've been trying not to stare at her for a solid fifteen minutes already. It's obvious as hell." She grins and pushes the tray with the tasting samples forward. "Come on, Hanni, these are getting cold."

"Haerin-"

She already turns around again and Hanni has no choice but to pick up the tray and start walking over to the tables to ask the costumers if they'd like a cinnamon hot chocolate taster. She stalls for as long as possible, but then Haerin gives her another pointed look and she's just not able to postpone it any longer-

Minji is staring at her screen, her brows slightly furrowed in concentration. For a moment, Hanni just stands and stares at her, but then she feels her cheeks heat up as she realizes what she's doing and she quickly moves forward.

"Would you like to taste the cinnamon hot chocolate?" she mumbles, trying not to let her voice waver.

Minji looks up. "Hanni."

"Minji."

Minji smiles and leans back into her chair. "I was already kind of disappointed that my favorite barista wasn't here when I came in, but it looks like it's my lucky day after all."

For some reason, Hanni manages to keep her thoughts straight long enough to joke, "Haerin already has a girlfriend."

Minji grins "Do you?"

Hanni's breath hitches in the back of her throat. "No."

"Good," Minji says. "In that case, you're definitely my favorite barista."