sometimes I feel like giving up (but I just can't)

Start from the beginning

He continued, his words hanging heavily in the air, "Now, let's start with the results from the exams." As the students waited anxiously for the verdict, the tension in the room became nearly unbearable. "Unfortunately," he went on, "there are a few of you who did not pass your finals." A heavy silence followed his statement.

"So," he said, finally breaking the silence, "when it comes to the training camp in the woods... Everyone is going." He paused, fully aware of his students' reactions but with a manic grin on his face.

"[Last Name], you called it!" Ashido exclaimed, her face lighting up as she turned to [Name]. Their nod and sweet smile in response only made her more elated, and she returned the smile with a flushed look of gratitude.

"Thanks, Kami-sama!" Kaminari chimed in, excitement coursing through the group that had initially failed, now sharing in anticipation of going to the camp with the rest of the class.

Aizawa-sensei cleared his throat and everyone grew quiet once again. He nods, "Yeah. The good news is that no one bombed the written exam. Five failed the practical exam badly. Which is the two teams, I do not need to say who, and Sero as well. I am sure I do not have to explain why."

"Aw, shit," Sero whispers to himself. "I mean I knew it was coming. I basically did nothing."

"Don't worry. Don't worry." Kaminari cheekily smirks at the teen. Sero looked at him offended like he killed his dog.

Aizawa-sensei continued, not giving Sero a chance to respond to Kaminari. "I'll elaborate. You might have noticed that during the practical battle, the teachers ensured there was a way for you, the students, to win. If it hadn't been that way, most of you wouldn't have passed. Our objective was to assess how each of you collaborated and tackled the given task."

Ojiro chimed in with a thoughtful expression, his voice carrying a hint of skepticism, "But didn't you say the teachers wouldn't hold back?"

[Name] leaned back in their chair, resting their chin on their palm, and remarked, "I figured it was another one of your logical ruses, Sensei."

"[Last Name]'s got a point," Kirishima added with a grin, "We're are starting to come to expect that from you, Sensei."

Aizawa-sensei, still sporting a faint grin, leaned against the podium and clarified, "Exactly. It was all part of the plan. The training camp will be focused on strengthening your quirks, and those who didn't pass the finals need these lessons the most. We never had any intention of separating the class. It was just another logical deception we employed!" His explanation made some of the students chuckle nervously, realizing they had been expertly played by their teacher once again.

Iida stood up with a deep frown etched across his face. "Aizawa-sensei, this is the second time you've deceived us. Aren't you concerned that we might lose faith in you?"

Aizawa-sensei nodded solemnly, his expression serious, and the room fell silent as his words carried weight. "Iida raises a valid point. You'll soon realize that not everyone in this world speaks the truth. While it's true that I misled you in certain aspects, remember that failure is still failure. Don't grow too comfortable just yet." His words served as a reminder of the harsh realities they would face as aspiring heroes.

"Expect the unexpected," [Name] chimed in with a nonchalant shrug.

Aizawa-sensei nodded in agreement. "Exactly. In the world of pro heroes, things rarely go as planned. It's crucial to stay prepared for the unexpected. Now, for the five who didn't pass, we've arranged extra lessons. I won't sugarcoat it; they'll be some of the toughest challenges you've faced."

The five students couldn't help but feel a sinking feeling at the thought of the grueling lessons ahead.

The day continued as usual, with the students of Class 1-A slowly packing their belongings to head home.