The Cruel World

Lia said, "The world, it's cruel." Followed by a sigh. "Look at the bright side." I say with a smile plastered on my face trying to lighten the mood.

I turn around to face another hurtful sigh from my other friend, Sarah. "The world, it's just darkness."

"There is light at the end of the tunnel." I say with a cheerful smile.

"Oh, you guys seem to have an interesting conversation and you dare leave me out of it?" Alex butted in out of nowhere. As a werewolf it was rare to have a special ability and he had that. He could hide his presence from just anyone.

"Yeah right, you should fucking stay out of our business Mr. Alexander Greece." Lia grimaced clearly annoyed.

"And I am not talking to you in the first place Miss Amelia fucking Brown." Alexander smirked back.

"Could you guys just stop bickering, like 2nd graders. I wish you both turn out to be mates." Sarah grinned, followed by my laugh, from the reaction on both their faces like they had seen and heard the disgusting stuff ever. Lia went to the extent of gagging.

Suddenly our conversation comes to an abrupt stop from the ringing of the bell. All of us go back to our seats, since we had been playing around. The next teacher walks in, while all the students groan.

=============

Sigh, followed by a longer sigh and another sigh.

They had been happy at the thought of having someone to rely on, at the thought of having a shoulder to lean on. I scoffed at the thought of me cheerfully trying to give them hope. Well, what they had failed to notice was the darkness that enveloped me.

Look at the bright side huh? I gave a hearty laugh to my reflection in the mirror of my room. Yes, after all the things I said, I was back from my escapade from reality. The cheerful facade I had on long gone.

Where is the bright side to look? Darkness was all there was. No light! Not even a speck could trespass the immeasurable amount of darkness that surrounds me.

Again, how cruel could the world be? I scoffed again. What? travel and travel and travel until you reach the light just to be pushed back into the darkness? Perhaps I wouldn't mind being pushed back. Why you ask? Because I have already been accustomed to the darkness. I wouldn't mind traveling all the way back in darkness as it doesn't even bother me anymore.

Ever since my said ex mate rejected me, I have been a completely different person. It wasn't too long ago. Today marks two months since that jerk of an Alpha rejected me thinking I was weak, but he shouldn't have done that. He decided to choose that bitch of a cheerleader as his Luna when the supposed Luna of the pack was right in front of them.

But the best part was that, keeping up a mask of a weak she-wolf who didn't even transform in front of people afraid of being hurt and teased for the lowly creature I was. Great lie I built for my previous pack members. Now I at least know the reality of my ex-mate, thank God.

I am lying on the single bed in a shabby apartment I rented near the school I decided to attend. Yeah, I couldn't stand being under the rule of a damned Alpha who rejected me without even blinking.

The only thing I had, to be able to keep the darkness out of my mind were the friends I made at school. Only a month and a half since I got to know them, and they already captured my heart. They are a great support to my sad self.

I was sad and angry all at the same time. The first few days at school werewolves stayed away from me, one- for I was an unfamiliar werewolf in their territory, two- I was a Rogue. Disgusting isn't it. Who in the world thought I would ever run away from the pack breaking all ties. Just by one look werewolves knew the status of the other. That said Alex was the Beta of his pack.

And how did I end up making friends with the werewolves while they refused to acknowledge me. They did not mind me being a Rogue since they all were considered one until sometime ago.

Yes, they were the members from the renowned pack and the largest pack even larger than the pack of Alpha King himself- 'The Rogue Under the Moonlight Pack.' 'RUM' In short.

As the name suggests they were a bunch of more than a thousand rogues grouped together, led by a maniac who threatened and attacked other packs, small or big if anything happened against his satisfaction. Even the Alpha King stayed out of the former' s business.

That maniac even called himself 'fear' and the rogues under him had made a blood pact with him and they had no way out of his control over them. But the worst part for him was when his most trusted man killed him and took over the rogues and established RUM. And the rogues accepted him as their Alpha without hesitation. And also he achieved this title by legal means and all.

And the fun fact, he never revealed his name and came to be known as

'THE ROGUE KING.'

***