The Lagoon Nebula

"The Lagoon Nebula." Jim breathed. He'd seen images of it, but had never been there person and now he was and it was spectacular.

 He'd seen images of it, but had never been there person and now he was and it was spectacular

"I'd like to live here. This is ten times better than Montressor." Jim commented.

"You said it." Kate agreed.

They flew to a nearby dock and parked their vehicle.

"We should probably look for a restaurant, I'm starving." Kate said, getting out.

"I can tell."

Kate shot a look at him. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you always get angry when your hungry, and you seem pretty angry now-" He stopped seeing the deadly look she was giving him.

"Ok, ok, sorry! I didn't mean to offend you." Jim held up his hands defensively.

"Let's just go." Kate said with an eye roll.

They walked for a ways until they both saw a place that looked good, then got a table and sat down, reading the menu.

"My dad's probably worried sick." Kate said, biting her nails.

"Relax, it's not your fault that we were both kidnapped." Jim replied.

"I know, but he doesn't know that we escaped and if I'm ok or not, or if I'm-"

"Kate, relax. We're perfectly fine and we're adults now! We can look after ourselves."

"We've only been 18 for like three months."

"Hey! Better than two!"

Their food arrived and they both immediately dug in, enjoying all the unique flavors.

"So, any idea on who that metal pirate guy was?" Jim asked.

"My best guess is either Scarface, Cybertron, or...him...." Kate shivered

"Who's him?" Jim asked.

"Ironbeard." Kate replied.

"Who's Ironbeard?"

"Wow, Jim. I know you've always been brainless, but now your just plain stupid." Kate rolled her eyes.

"Hey! I am not-"

"He's the most wanted pirate in the galaxy." Kate interrupted. "My dad's been after him for years."

"Is he really that dangerous?"

"Jim, this guy takes dangerous to a whole new level. He's illusive, fast, vicious, and almost always out for blood. He doesn't even care about treasure, he's all about overthrowing the navy and ruling the galaxy himself."

Jim was silent for a moment, letting the information sink in. "Well, we can't just sit here, we have to do something." He said at last.

"Jim, do two inexperienced adults fighting a pirate army sound like a good idea?" Kate asked.

He remained silent.

"That's what I thought."

They finished eating, then paid for their meal and left, trying to think of what to do next.

"If we try to sail back on the lifeboat, it'll take months. If we tell my dad our location the quickest he can get here is two weeks. We don't have enough money to last a few days. And we-" Kate was starting to panic.

"Shut up." Jim said suddenly.

"Excuse me?"  She glared at him.

"I said, shut up. You just focusing on the negative we need to think positive, like how..." He thought for a moment. "...how beautiful this place is! I mean, when are you ever going to see something like this again?"

Kate rolled her eyes but she had to admit, it was quite breathtaking. "You are really something, Jim."

"Is that a good something or a bad something?"

She smirked. "A bit of both."

He playfully punched her arm. "Back at ya."

She looked at him and smiled, not a smirk, but a true smile. One that filled him with a strange emotion he'd never felt towards anyone before.

"Have you always been so cute when you smile?" He questioned with a flirtatious wink.

She suddenly went bright red in the face.

Oh no. He thought. Was that a bad thing to say?

"Uhm sorry! I-I didn't mean-"

"It's ok." She interrupted, tucking a strand of her red hair behind her ear. "Since when did you stutter?"

Haha sorry it took so long

Memes