Escape

Delbert put away his communicator and slumped into the nearest chair, putting his face in his hands. Amelia walks in a moment later, but stops seeing him.

"Delbert? What's wrong."

He mumbled something.

"What."

"There's been a mutiny."

"A what!?"

"There's been a mutiny!" He yelled, standing up.

Admiral Blake ran in the room. "A mutiny??"

"Yes!" Delbert moaned. "Jim contacted me a few minutes ago, and broke the news."

"Is my daughter with him? Is she safe?" The Admiral asked urgently.

"Yes she was with him." Delbert replied.

The Admiral breathed a sigh of relief, then spoke. "I'm going to send a fleet after those pirates, they won't get away so easy."

***

Jim and Kate held onto each other for dear life as the ship continued to fly in hyperspace.

"Ohmanohmanohmanohman." Kate muttered, not liking hyperspace travel one bit.

Jim however was secretly enjoying himself at the new adventure he'd gotten into.

"How are you not panicking!?" Kate yelled over the sound of the engine.

"Well, someone has to be the adult." He replied sarcastically.

"Oh very funny."

The ship came to a sudden halt, throwing them both forward and knocking over the barrel. Jim groaned as Kate landed on top of him, squeezing the air out of his lungs.

They looked at each other for a moment, suddenly realizing how close they were, both started to blush.

"Get...off...me!" Jim panted, and Kate quickly obeyed.

"What do we do now?" Kate asked.

"Find the lifeboats and get the heck outta here." Jim replied.

"I like that plan."

They both started to run down the hallway, peeking into different rooms now and then, trying to find the lifeboats.

"Found them!" Kate exclaimed after peaking into a room. Sure enough, there they were, waiting with their names on them.

"Ok, let's get this one over the hatch and then I'll open the door." Jim said, running to the nearest one. Kate followed close behind and soon it was over the door, ready to be launched.

"Ok stay here and be ready to fly us away from here, I'll go open the door." Jim made to leave, but Kate stopped him.

"I think I should go and open it, I'm smaller and quicker."