Chapter 10 - Re: Ignited Fire

WARNING: The following is an unofficial, fanmade story,. Kingdom Hearts is owned by Square Enix, the Walt Disney Company, and Tetsuya Nomura. I don't know if the folklore that inspired Mulan and Raya are owned by anyone, but if so... I'm interested in talking to them!

Deep within the snowy borders of the Land of the Dragons, a young man was wandering with no goal in his mind. He had long spikey red hair, eyes of a strong green, and his outfit consisted of a long dark red jacket with a scarf the shade of magenta around his neck and black gloves to protect his hands, black pants and long black boots, with the underside being a dark gray.
The individual's eyes were pointing at one thing and nothing else. That being, the ground. He had no aim or destination, but he did not feel the need for one.
In his mind, finding his way back would have caused more trouble if anything.
There seemed to be someone else though. As he started hear some footsteps, though he couldn't know from where because of the fog.
He did briefly think about trying to look for the direction of where the sound was coming from, but his mind said:
"Oh come on, be honest for once. Does it really matter?".
The sound got closer and closer, until the red-haired boy was able to see the face of the other figure that was roaming in the snowy fields.
His hair was blonde and slipped back in a low ponytail, his one eye green, as the other was permanently shut with a vertical scar, presumably became of a past battle, and a short beard rounded off his face. When it came to clothes, the colors of his outfit and leather armor were not as saturated as those of the regular soldier who fought for Mulan and Namaari, altering between dark gray and beige.
"You're... You're not one of them, are you?", asked the one-eyed soldier.
"What do you mean with them? If you talkin' about those imperials, then I have nothing to do with them, or anyone for that matter."
"You have us. With your help, we can put an end to the tyranny that's plaguing China. And more!", replied the one-eyed man, bringing up his arm to offer a handshake.
The red haired boy thought about the offer for a second, with his head back to pointing to the ground, but he eventually decided to accept the handshake.
"... Could this be my atonement for you, Kairi", he thought.
"Great to have you! You can call me Gav. Come with me, I'll show you the way.".

Meanwhile, our guardians of light, who now had their own "base", were looking at where to head for their next mission. Tonitrus had an interesting idea to bring up in regards.
"This could be a risky idea, but I thought of returning to the Land of the Dragons. I still have strong memories of how badly it ended, but I feel it's going to be much more manageable for what we're currently able to do. Besides, Namaari can't get away with what she did to Mulan and especially Mushu.", he said.
"Yes. Last time, it put the two of us to our absolute limit, but we've increased both our number and strength, and the power you showed against Cecil might be enough to stand up against her phoenix.", replied Riku.
"On that topic... That technique could use a name, if it doesn't already. It's definitely stronger than even the evolutions of Magnet we can do, unless Nyx somehow has a stronger one. Any ideas?", asked Roxas.
"H-Field will do. After all, it is the part of the magnetic field where you see its strength.", responded Nyx.
"H-Field... I like it! I can roll with this no problem. Thanks Nyx!", reacted Tonitrus.
"Eh, it's nothing.", she replied, with the smallest of smiles barely visible.
When their destination was set, they departed from their base and began their second visit to the Land of the Dragons, hopefully managing to save Mulan this time.

But there was more to it, apparently. When the planet was just within the range of the Gummiship, our guardians of light saw a small but strong energy point. And it seemed to be one protected by light. In response, some of them had started to speculate on whom it could be.
"... Do you think it's one of us?", asked Xion to Riku.
"I hope so... I'm really concerned about Kairi. The others at least had some kind of experience with a Keyblade, but I can only imagine what she could be going through...".
"Not like Axel is in better waters. Unlike us, he left of his own accord."
"... Him? How do you know that? And why would he have done that?"
"Out of guilt. At least, that was what he told me when I last saw him. He thought it was his fault that we all got exiled from each other, and he was to blame especially for the fact that Kairi was completely powerless, while it was his job to help her, now that Sora's gone. He didn't think to be worthy of us anymore."
"I see... If we see him here, hopefully I can tell him that we still care, despite everything."